DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, had a quick question to see if anyone else has had this issue. The battery will completely drain after about a month of the car not beeing used or started. At first i thought i had a short, or a bad battery, but it happens with new ones and has been on going. And also it is not just my car. My buddy had a trep that was sitting for 3 weeks unused and the battery had enough power to crank one time then totally die. SO just curious if anyone else has had this issue, is it jsut teh way out cars are wired up, that they have a big enough draw through all the PCM, TCM, BCM that is just drains it? i know that damn blinking LED can't drain it that much lol. So if anyone else has the same issue let me know thanx

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Yep, same here ! I was gone for a month, came back and she was dead. I don't even think about it anymore since I drive it everyday now.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well its just annoyign haha just wanted to make sure it wasn't just me i guess

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Normal Ignition Off Draw is 15 to 25 milliamps. 1st gen FSM ('94) recomends disconnecting the main power feed if your not going to use the car for a month. The main power feed is the black bullet style connector that goes from batt positive terminal to the power distribution center. I can only assume that this would apply to any late model car not just Dodges.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well that makes sense, i guess they knew the system drawed a fair ammount of power even with the key off, oh well lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts