DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My intrepid doesn't have the part that holds down the battery. Anyone have any idea where I can get one. I checked Autozone, Oreilly, Rock Auto, 1A Auto. No luck. I don't like the idea of driving around with a loose battery, especially one right next to the wheel

·
Premium Member
18,048 Posts
A "universal" part from the auto parts store is not going to work on our cars. Get one (and the 2 bolts) from any year and badge 2nd gen LH car in a salvage yard. Unless it's totally eaten up with battery acid corrosion, should be good to go. If minor corrosion, clean it up and paint it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I was thinking. But man I just mentioned to my dad how it's annoying that I can't find a battery hold down. He freaking tells me it did have it and he forgot to put back on. That was like a year ago when I got the intrepid and it had a completely dead battery. He said he knows he didn't throw it out so it's just a matter of looking for it. It's been a year so I'm not hopeful

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update, I ordered one and the screws off of mopartsgiants website. One thing tho it is pricey with shipping. Came out to 60 dollars. There aren't any junkyards closeby so considering the amount of money I'd spend on gas to drive out to one and the part I just went with ordering it.

·
Premium Member
18,048 Posts
There ya go! (y)

·
Woober Goobers!
51,674 Posts
Wish I would've seen this, I'm going out to a junkyard tomorrow :|
Ken....if you can find one I need one with the bolts. For the Special . Mine was corroded and after the accident in Atlanta the body shop didn't bother to fix it. It was hit on the that side. They straighned the battery box but didn't do diddly with the battery hold down.

Let me know.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
absolutely. I'm sure I can find one. Granted I live in Pennsylvania so, your mileage may vary in terms of how clean it'll be, but if i'll try to pull a 7/10 or better.

·
Woober Goobers!
51,674 Posts
Thank you Sir!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Wish I would've seen this, I'm going out to a junkyard tomorrow :|
All good man. Getting the original off a junked intrepid is a better choice anyway. The one I ordered wasn't exact fit and I had to fiddle with it to get it on. Not a big deal tho since the battery isn't something you change that often

By the way when you get the part, it's really important that you make sure you grab the little metal piece that the bolt goes into. It's that thing on the right where the hole is. Without it you won't be able to tighten the bolt.

·
Premium Member
18,048 Posts
All good man. Getting the original off a junked intrepid is a better choice anyway. The one I ordered wasn't exact fit and I had to fiddle with it to get it on. Not a big deal tho since the battery isn't something you change that often

By the way when you get the part, it's really important that you make sure you grab the little metal piece that the bolt goes into. It's that thing on the right where the hole is. Without it you won't be able to tighten the bolt. View attachment 41805
That be a "speed nut". One of these should work (I think M6 thread is the correct size - they have others):

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
1 - 12 of 12 Posts