DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When the temperature falls below freezing, the battery light on my 98 Intrepid comes on shortly after I start it in the morning. If I drive it for a few miles -- until the engine warms up -- then shut it down and restart, the light stays out for the rest of the day. My car is a base Intrepid with the 2.7 and has 106000+ miles on it. This little quirk started a couple of months ago, the first time we had a frost. Anyone else run into this?

·
Registered
530 Posts
time for a new battery

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have the same problem now too! I started the car and the temp reading on the otis said 165! Then the check engine light came on and then the battery light. I had a new battery installed last week and the damn light is still on. I went back to the shop and the code was 1493 ambient battery temp sensor too low! The only sensor that was anthing close to that is the ambient temp sensor which is under the right front bumber. They cleared the code out but it came right back and the otis still reading in the 100's. Trying to check now where I can get a new sensor. Hope this helps!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts