DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went go driving today but the battery was dead. Yep, the car sat for a couple of weeks. I've done a no load, and a load test, everything seems perfect. Could this just be from the cold (35-40 every night)??

C

·
0 Posts
i started my car in 7 degree weather today. I highly doubt its the cold. but, what do i know

·
Registered
34 Posts
Could be from the cold, and the sitting, and maybe the battery is just not at its prime anylonger. There is always a trickle load on the battery when connected, time and cold weather can reduce its charge to just not enough to start.

If the battery is not a maintenance free kind you could check the water level, it might be low.

·
Registered
8,649 Posts
Even a good battery in "normal" weather conditions can suffer after allowing the car to sit for extended period of time like that. Espeically newer cars with more onboard computers. Of course the cold doesn't help things at all. Once things warm up and you get a good charge back in the battery things may be just fine...

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
ahh. the simplicity of a 1st gen 3.3 batterie is just out in the open like lalalalalalala

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
I don't forsee too many problems with changing my battery when the time comes as I don't have much above it anymore, the airbox is gone ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts