DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ive been looking at it for some time now and just talked myself into it. On Wednesday I take delivery of a 92 GSXR-600. Although the season's over it will be another reason to look forward to spring! I wonder what it will cost to insure the thing.

Edit: I just realized I know own something with a big red "R" at the end. Thank god its only got two wheels.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Enjoy the new ride, also take a MSF class.

This is my two-wheeled ride, I ride this more than driving the car. Have been in seven states and to the our neighors up north in BC.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Both very nice bikes! esp. CinnimanGlaze
Here's mine, piece o' crap, but its a good learner bike. Gonna tear it down this winter and hopefully have it lookin new by next season.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Well congrats!! The insurance shouldnt be too bad at all. but will still be up there, because its a sport bike.!! yeah its wird. my last bike
95 ZX600C Ninja = 280 a year.
06 ZX-6R 636cc = 300 a year

and thats with the same coverage!! Liablilty only

Have fun, and remember to respect the bike at all times, even if your on one wheel!!!!

·
Registered
715 Posts
IntrepidBus IV said:
I think I have too much need for speed to be situated on that type of machine.

Oh what are you talking about.....LOL not with somthing that weights 450lbs, and has 110 hp (at the wheel!!) !! what do you mean, speed ? i dont see how that equation equals speed!! LOL jk!!

(this thread is making me ver depressed by the way. because my bike is sleeping for winter already :( )

·
Registered
8,625 Posts
Danimal217 said:
Oh what are you talking about.....LOL not with somthing that weights 450lbs, and has 110 hp (at the wheel!!) !! what do you mean, speed ? i dont see how that equation equals speed!! LOL jk!!

(this thread is making me ver depressed by the way. because my bike is sleeping for winter already :( )
Next couple of weeks is one of the best periods of the year to ride bikes here.

·
Registered
715 Posts
kcarlos2000 said:
Next couple of weeks is one of the best periods of the year to ride bikes here.
Even here isnt bad. all but the true die-hards have put there bike away for the most part. the others are waiting for one of those nice days in Oct/Nov. This is one of the best times to ride, i have to agree. its on the cool side, but still alot of fun. most of the unexpereced riders wont be out. But poeple in cars are starting to forget about bikes. so thats another concern.

One of guys i ride with, ride year around here. Yeah in WI. but has a HD Electra Glide Classic, and will ride even if its snowing. The only time he wont take it out is if its sleeting/or suppose to sleet.

Ive gotten the funnest looks ever, by riding with him in Jan when theres 6+ inches of snow, Suns out not a cloud in the sky. We will go ride for 100+ miles!!! people look at us like we are cazy!!! my excuse is it helps with the depression!(seasonal, aka when i dont have a bike to ride LOL )

(Today i wanted to ride soo bad. worst day of college career, sun was out, in the 50+'s today. and after all the **** from class, i wanted to Ride soo bad....and there is nothing i can do to help with this problem/addiction!)
ohh sorry for any thing that doesnt make sense ADD is really f-ing :banghead: with me today....ohh look a ballon. want to go to ride bikes....(disappears)

·
Banned
972 Posts
I miss my bike............you guys are making me miss my bike........

I just sold my gsx 600, now I want another one. The Gixers are such good bikes, they will run forever if you take care of 'em. And that frame can take a BEATING!!!

My brother rides a fat boy, he always made fun of my crotch rocket, but then he borrowed it for a week when his bike was being painted, he never made fun of it again, but he still bugs me about buying a HD.

In any case congrats on the new bike dude, keep her purty.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well as far as keeping her perty......Im going to make her purty!
She not in bad shape its just somebody ****ed with the carbs bad and Im having trouble telling heads from tails on it. From what Im told I need to re-jet them anyhow because of the exaust and intake on her. Ive got plans to strip her down and powder coat the frame and build it up from there. They make some nice stuff for her. The only think I hate is the single headlight, I like the dual beam look of the later models much more.

Now for the interesting ****, its NOT a GSXR nor a 92. I ran the vin and she came up as a 89 Katana.I'm still happy though it will be a nice winter project.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts