DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Banned
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
California Bay Area Meet Discussion Thread

Okay guys, we have 4 people interested so far in meeting up in the bay area for our 2007 Fall Meet. I have absolutely no problem putting this together (especially since it's local) as well as I'm sure you guys will help out too :D hint hint :D

So lets talk about it here and get some finalized plans going.

What month do we want to do this? The weekend of July 14th is not good for me as Ariel will have her bday party that weekend and the weekends of July 28th and August 4th is definately a no go as those are my parents bday's and they would disown me if I wasn't around. Other then that, I am cool any other time.

I think once we have a date ready, I'll start looking for some good spots and we'll go from there.

I have a bunch of huge buckets to hold drinks (sodas, beers, whatever) and I may even be able to borrow my neighbors huge canopy so we can have some shade and break out the BBQ or something like that.

I have big ideas...we just need lots of people to show interest and we'll go from there :) There is so much more we can do around here and there are a lot of photo shots out there of the Bridges, etc.

I still have contact information on some people that can drive here in an hour or two, so I will invite them if they don't see the thread.

Okay...now get talking people :D lol

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Jelly Belly Factory is always cool.... a cruise to Old Sac perhaps.... the east end of the GG bridge is awesome for photos... there is a bowling alley at the bottom of my street :D and there are cinema's not too far away..

·
Registered
245 Posts
Sounds like a great idea, im for sure down for it. I'll stay tuned to the thread for dates and location. I run a pretty crazy schedule with work, school and now bartending classes :) but anytime after summer sounds good to me. plus give me sometime to get some more mods done :)

·
Banned
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ewwww I like how your thinking Lee, I've always wanted to go to the Jelly Belly Factory. I definately thing some GG pics are needed in my album ;) You have a bowling alley by your place too!! Geez, I have to drive about 5 minutes, but they are always so damn busy (hence my playing score since I don't practice). Lee do you know if you have a big park we can hold a BBQ at near your house? Otherwise we could find a cool pizza place to eat at?

Steenie, that's perfect! We usually meet up starting Friday night when people start arriving and then make a day out of Saturday and for those around on Sunday we'll do something.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Hey Helen,

Would this meet be closer to you (Fremont) or (San Fran) I have relatives in San Jose that I havent seen in awhile, and Fremont is pretty close, also depends on the date, as I am planning on going to Carlisle 07 in July. I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Tiger

·
Banned
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will consider this an all around the bay meet, we won't just stay in one spot :D There is too much to do around here vs. staying in one spot. Plan on a tank of gas for the weekend because there is so much to do around here. Lee's about 45 minutes from me, SF is about the same, SJ is about 25 minutes, etc.

Hey Lee,
how long does it take you to get to SF from your place since I think your closer to the bridge then me?

·
Registered
488 Posts
Lee- I guess an hour is not too bad, i was thinking it was longer, been a long while since i been to SF, lived in San Jose many years ago, have alot of family there and its been a long time since i was out that way. I have family out in ceres too.

Helen- any more ideas on dates??

Looking to try to make some meets this year.

Tiger

·
Banned
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nope, waiting on some input from everyone and then we'll see what's up. I already threw out when I can't meet up so I want to make sure everyone else is not busy too.

Do we want June, July, or August everyone?

Vegas guys, where are you??

·
Registered
245 Posts
I would personally go for August..but i am just one of many so i understand completely.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
redhot04 said:
Hey Lee,
how long does it take you to get to SF from your place since I think your closer to the bridge then me?
Depends on traffic, 20 minutes with no traffic, anything up to an hour with traffic.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
redhot04 said:
Nope, waiting on some input from everyone and then we'll see what's up. I already threw out when I can't meet up so I want to make sure everyone else is not busy too.

Do we want June, July, or August everyone?

Vegas guys, where are you??
The later the better for me

·
Registered
245 Posts
August 11th is good. whats everyone else think? as it looks only 4 of us are around the area or willing to drive..?

·
Banned
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
:flame: BUMP :flame:

8/11/07, who's going or do we need a different date, location, what's up everyone????????????????

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
redhot04 said:
:flame: BUMP :flame:

8/11/07, who's going or do we need a different date, location, what's up everyone????????????????
Well i don't know about everyone else, but there is definitely nothing up me.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts