DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Figured I'd post up the recipe that I found and modified for jalapeno creamed corn.

1/2 cup red peppers, diced

1/2 cup jalapeno peppers (start with the sliced ones that come in a jar then cut them into small pieces)

1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

3/8 cup of butter (3/4 of a stick)

3/4 of an 8 oz container of plain cream cheese

(2) 15 oz cans of whole kernel corn

Melt butter and cream cheese together in a pan. Drain the juice from the corn into a bowl. Add corn, cheese, and peppers. Stir continuously as the cheese melts. Add 1/4 cup of the juice from the jalapeno jar. Add about 1/2 cup of the juice from the corn (until you get the thickness you want).

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
Some damn good burgers:

3lbs 73-80% lean ground beef

1 cup yellow onions - diced - about one fourth of a large onion

1/2 cup red bell pepper - diced - about one whole pepper

1/2 cup jalapeno pepper - no seeds or core, finely diced - about 3 decent size peppers

1/4 cup Colby cheese - cut into about 1/4" cubes

1/4 cup famous Dave's steak and burger seasoning

1/3 cup dark brown sugar

1 tbsp molasses

Put all the vegetables in a large container. Spread the meat out over it. Put seasonings and molasses on top. Roll/fold/squeeze/knead in order to mix everything together well. Gloves are great to have. Using a burger press, make patties about 3/4 - 1" thick. With my weber set to its medium mark it takes about 5-6 minutes per side from thawed to cook them medium to medium well. Grills and cook times will vary. Be prepared for one hell of a mess, but a gourmet burger that I'm sure a restaurant would ask 12 bucks for. Fries costing extra.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,530 Posts
So Big Al Sucks? heh

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Here's a Honey Bourbon BBQ sauce I came up with last week. If by some chance a person owning a restaurant sees this then I do ask that they modify the recipe rather than making an exact or super close copy.

1 cup honey, 1 cup ketchup, 1/2 cup Jim Beam, 1/4 cup dark brown sugar (packed), 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp cayenne, and 1/4 tsp onion powder. Heat until the alcohol cooks off and make sure everything is well mixed

21 - 28 of 28 Posts