DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
6,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Figured I'd post up the recipe that I found and modified for jalapeno creamed corn.

1/2 cup red peppers, diced

1/2 cup jalapeno peppers (start with the sliced ones that come in a jar then cut them into small pieces)

1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

3/8 cup of butter (3/4 of a stick)

3/4 of an 8 oz container of plain cream cheese

(2) 15 oz cans of whole kernel corn

Melt butter and cream cheese together in a pan. Drain the juice from the corn into a bowl. Add corn, cheese, and peppers. Stir continuously as the cheese melts. Add 1/4 cup of the juice from the jalapeno jar. Add about 1/2 cup of the juice from the corn (until you get the thickness you want).

·
Registered
6,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
Some damn good burgers:

3lbs 73-80% lean ground beef

1 cup yellow onions - diced - about one fourth of a large onion

1/2 cup red bell pepper - diced - about one whole pepper

1/2 cup jalapeno pepper - no seeds or core, finely diced - about 3 decent size peppers

1/4 cup Colby cheese - cut into about 1/4" cubes

1/4 cup famous Dave's steak and burger seasoning

1/3 cup dark brown sugar

1 tbsp molasses

Put all the vegetables in a large container. Spread the meat out over it. Put seasonings and molasses on top. Roll/fold/squeeze/knead in order to mix everything together well. Gloves are great to have. Using a burger press, make patties about 3/4 - 1" thick. With my weber set to its medium mark it takes about 5-6 minutes per side from thawed to cook them medium to medium well. Grills and cook times will vary. Be prepared for one hell of a mess, but a gourmet burger that I'm sure a restaurant would ask 12 bucks for. Fries costing extra.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,030 Posts
So Big Al Sucks? heh

·
Registered
6,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Here's a Honey Bourbon BBQ sauce I came up with last week. If by some chance a person owning a restaurant sees this then I do ask that they modify the recipe rather than making an exact or super close copy.

1 cup honey, 1 cup ketchup, 1/2 cup Jim Beam, 1/4 cup dark brown sugar (packed), 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp cayenne, and 1/4 tsp onion powder. Heat until the alcohol cooks off and make sure everything is well mixed

·
Registered
6,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #29

Killed this off earlier this week. Had some leftover pork butt in the freezer from 2 years ago that was hidden. Honey bbq sauce, pulled pork, red onion, black olives, and mozzarella. Tried making a copycat of the crust made by Casey's General Store (a common gas station around here that is competitive with most pizza chains). The crust didn't rise as much as expected, maybe that's why the yeast said to refrigerate after opening. Didnt notice that before.

·
Registered
346 Posts
my wife one summer did that too. barbequed frozen pizzas to keep the heat ouit of the house.
we always use the thin crust now.
rising crust just doesn't seem to work out right all the time. whether in the bar bee or the oven.

·
Registered
6,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)

2 racks of baby back ribs from fareway. Started at 12:30 - ish. Wrapped at 3 pm when temps were about 160*. Currently at 170. At 195 I'll unwrap and a half hour later I'll coat with some sauce.

Edit: unwrapped at 4:30

Edit #2: got full on ribs, tater salad, and Miller light. Took a nap and forgot to post an update till now

·
Registered
14,934 Posts
The Wife was craving some saucy BBQ chicken - so I went at it.

More to come as Summer kicks in.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,030 Posts
Damn...I need some of that Chris!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts