DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
The pics didn't work for me in that link, if they don't work for you, this may help also:

Body Control Module
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION

See Figure 1

Fig. 1: The body control module is mounted on the vehicle with a push pin and mounting screws

The body control module is located on the passengers side under the dash.

Remove the right end cover.

Remove the right cowl side trim panel and pull the carpeting back, exposing the dash liner.

Cut dash liner along the perforated lines and pull the dash liner back.

Remove the screw through the oblong access hole at the right end of the knee blocker.

Remove the push-in fastener at the lower leg of the module from underneath the instrument panel and maneuver the module down and out.

Disconnect the wires on the body control module, then remove the unit from the vehicle.

To install:

Attach the wiring to the control module.

Install the module and the push-in fastener.

Install the screw through the oblong access hole at the right end of the knee blocker and tighten.

Place the dash liner into position.

Lay the carpeting back into place. Install the right cowl side trim panel.

Install the right end cover.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
What ! So your car won't start, and your missing the BCM. I would say thats your problem. Did you just buy it?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i just bought it its a 93 ES with 150,000 and i thought maybe it was the plugs and the whole nine yards but i noticed the dash had been apart so i finished taking it off and found 3 connectors just hanging there with nothing for them to go into.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Well, looks like you'll have to look around the salvage yards to see if you can get a BCM for her. I'm sure you don't want to get a new one from the dealer, but if you got to it's $156 MSRP, or $124.80 at http://www.newmoparparts.com hope this help's you some.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts