DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, to my glorious surprise, my girlfriend bought me a new 60 GB 7200 RPM hardrive and 2 sticks of 256 RAM for my birthday (it's on 12/19)... girls are great, she had no idea what any of this stuff is, but I told her that's what I want and she got it for me. She is the best!!

Sooooo...I'm going to take this advantage to re install my entire system (as opposed to ghosting) to get some of the bugs and glitches that have been plaguing it for the last month or so. So, my pics will all be red X's until I'm back up and redo the links and stuff.

Yeah! Finally some speed and space! ;)

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Intrepidatious... it must have been all that talking we did during lunch while she was there. We were talking megabytes, gigabytes, horsepower, torque, megahertz, gigahertz, etc etc... LOL she must have picked it all up. :) Who knows, a PS2 will probably be next... hahahahaha.

Damm with a girl like that, I definitely plan on taking up that offer of yours regarding hooking me up with one of her friends. Hehehehehe im sure we can all agree that girls like that rock. :)

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey!!! I'm back. That went really QUICK! Oh my goodness! What difference RAM makes!

I love RAM!!! RAM for President!!! RAM for IOM!!! etc etc etc...

Yeah, DJ...she kinda rules. I'll see what I can do for ya! ;)

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Running 2K Server....I went from 128 to 512. What a difference! (OK, I know you are running a Gig, but some of us don't have that luxury!! :D)

I'm now in the process of loading XP onto my old 2K Pro machine. I'm really interested in checking it out. ;)

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Wait till you see how fast XP runs on a PC loaded with RAM. It smokes.

Are you heading into manhattan this weekend? If you are going to be in the city Saturday night after 10, you should stop by the bar that I DJ at. Ill hook ya up with some beers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts