DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

201 - 220 of 304 Posts

·
Bitches be like...
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #201
What's that Clanking/Wheezing noise?
there three sounds. a bit of a squeal, I believe it's coming from the new water pump. There's also no intake on, and you can really hear the wooshing. The exhaust is also barely attached, so it's making a racket. The motor itself seems to be running smooth.

·
Bitches be like...
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #206
today all four wheels hit the floor for the first time in ages.

Tuesday I'm taking the day off to finish up some welding and hopefully putting the front clip back on... I discovered some potential complications with the k-frame tonight, that may be a setback.

getting there....

·
Registered
15,047 Posts
Man Nate, you just cant catch a break with this thing. Now you gotta pull the motor all over again. Sheesh, I'm sorry bud

Sent from my MB860 using AutoGuide.com App

·
get off my lawn
15,505 Posts
Man Nate, you just cant catch a break with this thing. Now you gotta pull the motor all over again. Sheesh, I'm sorry bud

Sent from my MB860 using AutoGuide.com App
not really,, use a good strong 4x4 laid across the engine bay and chain the engine to it,, that will hold it in place

·
Bitches be like...
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #218
actually guys, the whole thing drops down from underneath. Only the rear bobble strut connects to it. Ball joints, 4 big honking bolts and the bobble strut bolt and PS pump off and it's out. Plus I'll have to pull the column again... It's heavy and hard to move, and on a yard car, breaking all those bolts loose is a pain, but the engine won't even move in the process.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,550 Posts
yep,, your right,, I forgot the engine was mounted to the body,, not the frame
Luckily its not a GM, or a Ford FWD!

Nice work Nate! Resto is coming along! Hope to see it one day at a meet...or Carlisle! You'd be a nice addition to the Daytona section.

201 - 220 of 304 Posts