DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

221 - 240 of 304 Posts

·
Bitches be like...
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #223
Luckily its not a GM, or a Ford FWD!

Nice work Nate! Resto is coming along! Hope to see it one day at a meet...or Carlisle! You'd be a nice addition to the Daytona section.
Thanks Dan! Gonna get 6 solid hours on it tomorrow, maybe more. Hoping to finish up the welding so I can put the interior back together this weekend.

·
Bitches be like...
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #225
baby steps... She moved today! Took the day off and got alot done.

backed out of the garage and then back into the middle, I don't know why that seems like such a big deal... made it real easy to work on, buttoned up the last bit of rust on the passenger side, then put the front clip on. Starting to actually look like a daytona!!

Official to do list (somewhat ordered)

source and install +20s and wideband (got some leads)
source 89/90 K-frame and install, new bushings for swaybar
source correct speedo sensor, or hack and slash...
hook up cruise control.
re-install interior
button up engine bay
3" exhaust
new (real) boost gauge
***shakedown cruise***

·
Bitches be like...
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #227
Looks awesome Nate... Really nicely done.

Paint after shakedown? (not wanting to get ahead of ourselves, I know)
Maybe.... MAYBE this fall. realistically not until next year though. if I get a nice financial windfall somewhere might be an option for this winter as well (would have to get heat and some insulation for the garage)

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Tac is stuck at 2,500 rpms and what is with all the wires all over the place. But the body looks in good shape.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Keep at it! Great read - I'm going to be giving the R/T the full treatment in the next year or two, looking forward to it!

·
Bitches be like...
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #240
ug. So close, and yet, so much left to do. Finally got some time today to tinker. Got the new crossmember loaded up with new ball joints, and the monster sway bar with poly bushings.

lots of advantages to the new crossmember, dual pivots on the A-arms, and much larger bolts to hold the rack. Check out the difference from 87 to 89:

V\

87/88 cars stripped, tore open the holes ore broke those poor little bolts right off. Bigger is better!

Also replaced the high side power steering line, hopefully that solves the problem of it pissing PS fluid everywhere. Bobble strut mount welded on. :Welder:

Already to go in tomorrow!

I also modified the exhaust flange so that it will mate to the larger swingvalve, hooked that up and fired her up. Damn, with the exhaust muffled a bit, she sounds awesome as hell. Angry kitty!! Revs strong, sounds fantastic. I am excite.

-Install CM and button up suspension
-Finish interior
-Put lower ground effects/hood back on.
-button up electrics
-replace rear calipers with 88 model, or at least unseize the parking brake on the current ones for now.
**TEST DRIVE/minor shakedown (no boost)
-3in exhaust+wideband
-new boost gauge
+20 injectors
-New fuel pump, AFPR if required.
**Full shakedown time.

221 - 240 of 304 Posts