DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

241 - 260 of 304 Posts

·
Bitches be like...
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #241
whelp. took it out for a drive today! :)

Seems to be a few problems.

Little bit of a bang when going into 1st... trans was basically dry so I'm wondering if oil was just getting around... shifting into second was smooth as butter.

2nd, and more importantly... it's getting HOT. 3 minute drive around the block and the temp was already at 1/3+ Intake and valve cover were too hot to touch by hand, and smoke was pouring off the turbo/exhaust manifold. I don't see any obvious oil on there, hard to tell whats on top of the manifold... Little smoke in the valve cover too not alot... there's fresh oil up there so it seams like oil is getting through.

Car felt like it had decent power, didn't really give it a lot of gas. felt a little bogged I guess.. heck if I know, I've never driven it before. :p
Not sure what the problem is.

·
Bitches be like...
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #243
extremely hot intake and exhuast could mean Fuel/Air ratio issues. Running to lean possible. Need a pyrometer to really see how it really is doing.
It should be lean, I have a wideband to put on it, but its running stock injectors and computer on .3 more litres. i wouldn't expect it to be badly lean tooling around though, just dangerous at WOT. Taken under advisement though!!

·
Bitches be like...
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #244
I got a manual oil pressure gauge and rigged it up so I can install it whenever I want. Ran the car all the way up to hot, reving it up and poking around.

-By the time the fan kicked on the head was at about 165-170 degrees, never got hotter than that.
-idle oil pressure dropped from 50 at cold start to about 19 at idle with the fans on, temp gauge about 1/3, didnt drop below that for the next few mintues of messing around.
-2000 RPM hot got me an oil pressure of 42 PSI.
-no sign of smoke off the turbo... musta just been PS fluid.
-little bit of a pop on rapid decel... I gather that's normal on the 2.5L especially.
-idling around 700 rpm... as it was warming up it was stumbling just a little bit... by the time it was hot it was fine.

So all seems good as far as I can tell. Time to get her buttoned up and registered and insured and get her out on the road a bit!!!

·
Woober Goobers!
50,043 Posts
So the "hot" condition you were talking about earlier wasn't the case? Good to hear.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
this is true. Difficult to find a place to put the damn thing though. I question if a K&N filter in the box wont achieve the same goal, seeing as most these jokers just put the CAI filter right where the box was.
Honestly, if you can feed the stock airbox air strictly from a colder region or even from the frontal area for even the slightest ram air effect would make a huge increase in things.

·
Bitches be like...
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #258
Honestly, if you can feed the stock airbox air strictly from a colder region or even from the frontal area for even the slightest ram air effect would make a huge increase in things.
the PCM opens right into the front of the car, would be ridiculously easy to set up a "ram air" from down in the front.. It's pulling air from behind the front headlight, tons of room back there. I havent really done the research, people have done lots of different things with these.

241 - 260 of 304 Posts