DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

261 - 280 of 304 Posts

·
Woober Goobers!
50,043 Posts
Wow! Even got the side trim on the front bumper that I thought was lost!

·
Bitches be like...
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #263
The Daytona is out of the garage! Took her for a spirited and eventful drive around Holland, which included me stranding the car in a busy intersection (It's been a long time since I drove a stick, and I never owned one... I needed some training and some time to get used to it again. Sheesh.) My wife worked up the courage to try out the Daytona. She's been very excited to get her hands on it, after growing up with a 4spd omni. I documented.

She had no trouble at all with it, proved that the car is running great and shifting fine made me look like an absolute novice LOL. Staying cool, oil pressure stayed up, Turbo spooled up past 10 PSI and quick (trying to keep it down, fuel trim is still whack, don't want to melt a piston.)

Look at that focus! Looking through the turn. Future Autocrosser.

Dat G-body ass! Awesome exhaust sounds even on the stock 2.25. It burbles like a V8 on decel. Sounds awesome.

·
That rhythm is INFECTIOUS.
18,595 Posts
:lmao:

Big ups, Nate. Very nice.

I'll send you my suction-cup rig. :D

I must admit to giggling for the first 30 seconds, wondering if this video was going to consist of you driving in a big low-speed circle for the duration.

Moar!

·
Bitches be like...
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #277
:lmao:

Big ups, Nate. Very nice.

I'll send you my suction-cup rig. :D

I must admit to giggling for the first 30 seconds, wondering if this video was going to consist of you driving in a big low-speed circle for the duration.

Moar!
LOL you got me, it's a pretty lame video, I realized it and that's why I took off to the other lot. More can finally come now. Need to rig something up in the car.

Call me a dummy, but is that the same car as a Mitsubishi Starion/Chrysler Conquest?
Not a dumb question, it's pretty confusing. This car shares no parts with those cars. The daytona is a G-body, a lengthened K-car chassis, it's blood lies with the K-car family (think Relients, Aries, Lebarons, Lancers, Sundance, Aclaim et. al.) The conquest is a rebadged mitsu. Cool cars, but I dont fit in em.

·
Bitches be like...
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #278
I'm still smilin' a bit.

So the Daytona project has been running for a little bit now, but just barely. Was running pig rich after I put the +20s in so it was drowning in gas with the pedal down and cutting out.

Put the timing light on it today and it was way off, tuned it in and gave the old girl her first bath in years (filthy!!!)

All I can say is, holy crap! Two years I been working on this car and I never drove one that worked. Tromped on it in second and she went nuts! Slammed into third and I was hanging onto the steering wheel for dear life. WOW! :love:

Still going rich when I get high up in the RPMs, I don't think I'm gonna be the lucky few that get a 2.5L to run on +20s on the stock tune. Oh well, she's solid for daily driving at least.

Stopped off for some pics, she looks pretty good from 15 feet!

My favorite angle for the Daytona:

After a spirited drive everything in the engine bay still looks good. Staying cool. This thing actually works! I am excite.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Glad to hear you're enjoying it. I wouldn't trade my iroc r/t for anything. Looks to me like you earned it with all of your hard work. Keep it shiny side up!

261 - 280 of 304 Posts