DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

21 - 40 of 304 Posts

·
Bitches be like...
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Well business has been slow, mostly because I spent all of my disposable cash on the car, but I have picked up a few more odds and ends just hunting through the yards.

A new front fascia: Really nice condition, Not horribly painted over 4 times like the once currently on the car.

Same car had near MINT condition window tracks and drivers side door seal. Also got a new cup holder, and some daytona door handle bezels ($3!!) as well as a crap load of other bezels, just for the heck of it.

And the highlight of my day look what came in the mail today!!

:drool:

Last thing I need to buy is a couple torque wrenches, unbelievably, I've never got around to buying them. But before i drop the pan I need to invest. :baller: Might be another few weeks still before I really get to dig in. :sneaky2:

·
Bitches be like...
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
There is a Daytona in the yard near me is. is there anything you need I am planing to stop by there tomorrow.
score! The year depends quite a bit. 87-88 everything swaps for the most part

If it has the black bezels that go around the door handles I'll take those for sure. Grey interor, if the center arm rest is in really good shape I'd love that.... If it happens to be a 87 Turbo I'd take the whole engine harness if they'll sell it (I know that's asking a lot!) Umm. If it has a "navigator" in the center stack (would be above the turbo boost gauge and message center, if it's not there it's just a pocket) Might be interested in the instrument cluster too.

·
Bitches be like...
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Why all the door bezels? What is the 'navigator'?
The bezels break. I guess the Daytona ones are pretty rare.

The navigator, or Traveler is I think the technical term, is the 1987 equivalent of the Otis/EVIC. It has trip functions, temperature, mpg readouts and all sorts of great stuff. I love having more buttons to press! :D

·
Garfield Rules
9,144 Posts
Well I am sorry Nate but it seems that the Daytona at the yard has gone to the big road in the sky. I looked all over the yard 3 times and couldn't find it anywhere. it looks like they just purged a bunch of cars since I was there last and i think that was one of them.

·
Bitches be like...
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
new hemi orange with black stock looking stripes would be a knockout.

But it is a shelby so mabe a bolder red.

It's got the off center turbo bulge in the hood, so most stripes aren't going to wok. My wife suggested a deep forest green, with white pinstriping/decals. That could look really good. I'd just like to paint it red again lol.

Well I am sorry Nate but it seems that the Daytona at the yard has gone to the big road in the sky. I looked all over the yard 3 times and couldn't find it anywhere. it looks like they just purged a bunch of cars since I was there last and i think that was one of them.

Thanks for looking. I found some good stuff on my own trip today :thumbsup:

·
Bitches be like...
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
So it turns out (thank you mopar engineers!!) That the spare tire well of a 1993 Shadow is exactly the same as my Daytona's. They crushed the Shelby Z I was going to cut up, but this one is even better!!! Had to lift the back of the car with an engine hoist and reset it on the frame rails, as they had it proped up on a wheel right on the whell. Once that was done it was quick work with the saws all!

Little dented from the car sitting on it, nothing that can't be pounded out.

Some surface rust down in the bottom, but it's solid!!!

Also scored the spare tire cover board and I picked up the instrument cluster, if only just to have to play with later.

Super excited to get that tire well found!!

·
1st Gen FTW - It's AutoMedic!
15,449 Posts
It was always my impression that 90% of all cars of that vintage were based on each other, and that most things you would find very similar if not interchangeable... *chuckles* But that's mostly be being synical.

Looks like some good finds - Keep up the progress

·
Bitches be like...
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #37 (Edited)
Well I finally had a chance to drop the pan and poke around. No smoking gun. The screen on the oil pick up was a little nasty, but Oil still went throuhgh when I dumped some through, so I'm not convinced. The oil filer was actually rusty, so god knows how old it is, perhaps it had failed. there was certainly some sludge in the bottom.

Bottom of the motor looks nice and clean, no obvious problems that I can see. Pan was free of metal and was pretty clean overall.

hard to get a good picture, but the screen was pretty nasty.

Little WD40 and a toothbrush took care of the oil pick up screen

On to the oil pump. Spins very smooth, feels nice and tight. I might take it apart but I dunno, see for yourself - seems to be working fine.

So I'll poke around a bit more tomorrow, then I guess I'll just put it all back together and see what happens.

21 - 40 of 304 Posts