DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

61 - 80 of 304 Posts

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
yes please. :baller:
What do you need? I can keep an eye out for you... I'll be hitting the yards more regularly for my new project. I've also been considering buying clean cars to drive up north and sell, not a huge demand but a little side profit never hurt anyone...

·
Bitches be like...
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
right on nate your making progress.....once you get the accessories out the way.....that should be pretty easy to pull out.
Yep, gettin there!

I like the video updates... I wish I'd had Semper taking more vid than we did - and with a real camera at that!
Thanks! I'll keep throwing them up, Pulled the camcorder out so I can take some nice movies.

·
Bitches be like...
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Next steps.

Completely remove and replace vac system

Sit in the compartment with the wiring FSM and figure out what's thrashed.

Clean the crap out of everything.

Drop the crank and inspect the damage

I have a laundry list of parts to replace, need to spend some more time inspecting the motor and bay to finish the list.

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
sounds like your having alot of fun with this car

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
gez, i figured you would have that thing done by now.. lol

Spotted a Shelby Daytona almost identical to yours at the junkyard in Knoxville last week but all the parts you mentioned were gone and it wasnt in too great condition to begin with. The engine did look intact though, including the turbo and black intake.

btw, what diameter is that throttle body? iirc its the same bolt pattern as the 3.3L with a cable setup like the minivans, so you could bolt up a 58mm TB without any troubles.

·
Bitches be like...
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
gez, i figured you would have that thing done by now.. lol

Spotted a Shelby Daytona almost identical to yours at the junkyard in Knoxville last week but all the parts you mentioned were gone and it wasnt in too great condition to begin with. The engine did look intact though, including the turbo and black intake.

btw, what diameter is that throttle body? iirc its the same bolt pattern as the 3.3L with a cable setup like the minivans, so you could bolt up a 58mm TB without any troubles.
you are correct, the 58 mm does bolt up with a little bit of porting to the intake :D Wonder if the rotating assembly is any good in that Shelby. That forged crank and T2 rods are worth a little bit for sure, as is the valve cover.

·
Bitches be like...
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
I used an entire can of engine brite gel on that hunk of sludge I pulled out of the daytona. Turns out it is IS a motor!

Gonna need another can though

I really wish that damn kid wouldn't have tried to paint it while it was in the car. stupid.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
I bought a pack of tooth brushes at a thift store for a couple bucks, they work wonders...

·
Bitches be like...
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #80 (Edited)
Round 2 of Trans clean up

Cylinder number one was pretty wet...

Head:

Pretty decent wear on the cam shafts, not sure how much is too much.

My crankshaft sprocket removal apparatus. what a SOB that was.

Left is number 2: the spun rod bearing. Not sure if it's salvageable or not. I will put some calipers on it to see if it's still in spec. Definitely needs to get cleaned up though:

The offending bearing:

Rods and caps. Lightweight rods!:

Turbo

Laundry list so far

61 - 80 of 304 Posts