DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

121 - 140 of 304 Posts

·
Bitches be like...
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
Welding day!!!

Be gentle, it's the first time I've welded on a car.

area under the battery tray had to go... there wasn't much left. Fortunately it was the one spot on the Donertona that wasn't rusted.

The next series shows some pretty scary business. My guess is that someone hit a parking lot barrier and popped all the spot welds across the bottom of the front cross member. The torque from the motor mount had torn the sheet metal all the way to the top of the member. It had also popped the spot welds in the corners. You could move the entire thing by hand. Yikes.

Welded up the two tears and completely welded in the corners. I also "replaced" the spot welds across the bottom, either where the original ones were, or along side the holes for securing the bottom of the fascia.

I'm definitely a welding novice, but I'm pretty comfortable with the penetration and integrity of the welds... had to grind off some bubblegum and reweld a few times. Will hit all these areas with seam sealer of course.

Next!

·
Bitches be like...
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #124

Just whittling away.

Ug. Sunroof car. Had to cut all this out below the a pillar, will have to weld in a patch before I do the floors.

Actually had to under cut the cross member in the middle of the car. That's gonna be a fun weld.

Got the fenders off, ready to start prepping for paint.

There's Daytona everywhere! A bit over here... a pile over there.

·
Registered
8,460 Posts

Just whittling away.

Ug. Sunroof car. Had to cut all this out below the a pillar, will have to weld in a patch before I do the floors.

Actually had to under cut the cross member in the middle of the car. That's gonna be a fun weld.

Got the fenders off, ready to start prepping for paint.

There's Daytona everywhere! A bit over here... a pile over there.
got a color planned yet?

·
Bitches be like...
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
Got that hole patched.

Trying to use as few pieces as possible but I felt it was better to use a smaller piece to fill in under the center cross member. This piece will slide in and gives me a straight line across to weld the main floor piece to. Once this is in I just have to rebuild the ledge in front of the hole I just patched and then it's on to the main piece.

·
Bitches be like...
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #140
Front floor plan is done!!

All welded up, Had to have the wife hold in the little piece up by the wheel well. She's a trooper.

painted and seams sealed.

Sealed up up solid underneath... seems a little messy in the picture... was doing my best to make sure the rocker was all filled in. This seam sealer I got is really gooey.

So, just a few smaller (straighter) patches in the back and we're done!!.

121 - 140 of 304 Posts