DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

141 - 160 of 304 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Something I found helpful when putting my Shelby's back together, rather than weld in the floor pans , I used Fusor (sp) Body panel epoxy. Glued the pans right in and they seal theirself. Don't risk heat warp issues either. I also used this to place new panels on my rockers.
Great stuff , a friend in a body shop introduced me to years ago

·
Bitches be like...
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
Hooray! Once the paint cures up a bit I'll be officially re-assembling!!! :love: Gonna get hung up by a temporary funds issue, our furnace is dead (damnit.) I think the only thing of highish cost I still need are SS turbo lines.

...And since one area is coming together, might as well cut some holes elsewhere. :poopoo:

·
Bitches be like...
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
Rear pan all fixed!

Oh, and see that little bitty hole up at the top of the picture?

Well...

FFFFFUUUUUUUUU....

Fuel lines are right under there, and the way the car is positioned, it's not easy to get over there. I think I'm going to put off this last repair until after the car is back on the ground and I can move it away from the garage wall.

...speaking of the cross member... I'm fully convinced that short of hot tanking... these damn things are impossible to clean completely. Close enough! Gonna have to hit it with some paint though.

ready for new tie rod ends and ball joints... still got to hit up poly bushings.

balance shaft Oil port blocked off.

Starting to piece it all back together.

·
Registered
6,638 Posts

·
Bitches be like...
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
Well the donortona is almost ready for the crusher. :ban:

Just need to finish pulling the glass and the rear bumper cover... couple other odds and ends.

I have parts. Everywhere. EVERYWHERE!!!!

I've also started re-assembling the engine in earnest. Got new manifold studs on order, so I'm delayed until those come in.

Looks perdy though.

I'm excited to get half my garage back.

·
Bitches be like...
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
new hardware for the exhaust manifold came in.

And I got the new water pump on. Odd, when I turn it is squeals like a piggy.

New ball joints in, Just got to do the tie rod ends and it's ready to go back in the car.

Nearly successfully removed the windshield, damn thing hung up on one tiny spot and cracked across the passenger front corner. Damnit. Oh well.

Need to jack up the back and remove the rear brakes etc, then it's crusher time.

141 - 160 of 304 Posts