DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Bitches be like...
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In an effort to relieve some confusion about my LH status, time for a sig page for the 300m.

Picked this car up for $500 intending to part it out, has ~195K on it, and the timing belt broke at highway speed.

...but when I saw it... it's in wonderful condition. It's really too nice to part, so I'm attempting a resurrection. Thus my LH ownership direction is in question, as I have no room for two aging family sedans. Possible scenerios:

1. My rebuild attempt will fail, and the 300m will get parted; may find out the car has gremlins or something wrong with the bottom of the motor.
2. 300m returns to life, I like it and the Intrepid gets de-contented and sold.
3. 300m returns to life, I don't like it and it gets sold.

So we shall see!

·
Bitches be like...
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tom's engine will hopefully provide the donor parts needed to get ole' blue back on the road. Went down on Friday to pull this piece of LH history.

Also got struts, axles, a few extra pans, radiator and fans in the generous deal. This motor is bad on the bottom, due to oil starvation, but didn't overheat, so the hope is the ported heads full of 1.1 inertia cams will be ok. Motor also has an intake spacer, ASP underdrive pulley, and some other goodies.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,043 Posts
Maybe throw a rebuilt crank/bearings in Toms motor? Your original M has almost 200k miles on it so maybe the bottom end isn't in great shape either?

Just thinking out loud.

·
Bitches be like...
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe throw a rebuilt crank/bearings in Toms motor? Your original M has almost 200k miles on it so maybe the bottom end isn't in great shape either?

Just thinking out loud.
I've had that thought. The bottom end of Tom's motor will be tucked away, I can rebuild it at leisure and swap it all over again if needed. No real harm in stacking all the top end on the old motor and seeing what happens.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Wow. What a cool combination going on. Tom's engine in another Special. *cough* if you ever wanna get rid of those inertia cams, ported heads, asp underdrive pulley.... I know a guy who will buy em off of ya. Also if you are in there doing all that work you ever think about dodge nitro 4.0L head gasket? Tom said raises compression to 10.4:1

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Wow. What a cool combination going on. Tom's engine in another Special. *cough* if you ever wanna get rid of those inertia cams, ported heads, asp underdrive pulley.... I know a guy who will buy em off of ya. Also if you are in there doing all that work you ever think about dodge nitro 4.0L head gasket? Tom said raises compression to 10.4:1

The data I found on the two head gaskets (4.0 26368PT, 3.5 9505PT) was .001 difference and I doubt the head gaskets were solely the bump in compression. Pistons and chamber designed would have been changed for the .5 CR bump. (understanding stock 3.5 has a 9.9:1 CR)

·
Woober Goobers!
50,043 Posts
Go Nate Go!

·
Woober Goobers!
50,043 Posts
All Hail King Naterz! :bgking:

:bowdown::bowdown:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts