DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
6,757 Posts
Looks good. With my level of automotive paranoia I would probably chase down the vacuum leak sound you posted on the LH owners Facebook page. Btw, how's the Daytona? Can't remember what or when you last mentioned anything about it.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Looks and sounds good! Just got one of those myself a few days ago. Significantly low mileage too. Look for the post on it soon. (Just inked the title today).

·
Bitches be like...
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Judas Maude there's alot more to this story. lessee...

Overheated hardcore on first drive, turns out the t-stat was seized, Replaced, stayed cool.
got a 440 code, new gas cap, disappeared.
leaking oil like a fiend, turns out I underestimated the importance of sealing the rear cams.
took the front bumper off and patched it up, yay.

Drove it for about a month. Tromped on it one day merging and it blew white smoke ALL over. Pressure test, cracked radiator. Replaced with Tom's donor aftermarket. Still overheating and leaking on the drivers side. Replaced coolant tank. Still overheating, passed block test. WTF.

Ended up pulling the heads again, ended up finding the gaskets were on backwards AND the hard heater line was rusted through. New gaskets and new line (thanks again Tom, RIP) and it was running good.

Dropped a O2 code right away, and a purge code. replaced Downstream O2 sensor and that code has been good, new purge solenoid and now we're back to the PO440, which seems to be persisting. Rats. May have to pull the tank in the spring.

No more start up tick thanks to the correctly installed head gaskets, been driving great for a few weeks now.

Lots of de-decontenting to do as well as a few mods, more to come as it develops! Time to start striping the ole snow panzer methinks. :eek6:

·
Registered
13,702 Posts
Sounds like you pretty much have it sorted out Nate. Glad Tom's beast (RIP) has a chance to keep the tradition going. He had always managed to have a great performing engine combo in his Specials.
Hope your new combo gives you many miles of smiles, maybe Carlisle presentation while their Black Friday/Christmas sale is still running 20 % off til end Dec.

Wonder what valves etc the Snow Panzer can donate??

·
Bitches be like...
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
All's well with the Special. Got a lot of little stuff done in the interior.

-Replaced stupid plastic sails with mesh
-replaced center dash speaker with sail speaker (brilliant!)
-installed those infinity speakers, dynamated the passenger front door and foamed door panels
-got the autoheadlight and traction control switch lit up.
-installed my bluetooth setup and the RAZ.
-chrome shifter knob
-got the special rims from the trep put on today.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Looks like your project is coming along nicely!

I'm interested in the RAZ / Bluetooth you mentioned. I'm planning on adding a Sirius of some type to my special but, haven't made headway on that yet.

·
Bitches be like...
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Been another 2 months and the 300m is running well. EVAP codes have disappeared for the 2nd time yesterday. Last time they came back 3 days later.

Have been doing some MAJOR scrubbing and she's looking mighty fine.

Note, I've since pressure washed those floor mats. :sneaky2:

21 - 32 of 32 Posts