DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

41 - 60 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
I entertained the thought on my car, I fear the black on your very dark car might just blend in. Could hurt to set it on and see what it looks like!
thanks for the opinion..im probably just gonna do that, put it up on the car not bolted if see how it looks..will probably even take a pic and make a poll thread on here..2 more days..lol..cant wait.:dance1:

·
Bitches be like...
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Some updates!!

CAI with custom heat shield is in, Sounds awesome, and give a bit of a kick in the pants, especially at WOT. The Northstar elbow gives it a nice clean look.

Also got the Razorstars back on. Snapped a few quick photos.

Starting my 100k Maintainence, replaced the plugs and trunk struts. WP/TB at Danlisle!

·
Bitches be like...
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #43 (Edited)
Well I picked up a set of head light covers and I wanted to do something with the fogs. Obvious solution would be niteshades. Well after putting it on I didn't really love it, and I REALLY didn't like what it did to the light output, so I ended up sanding the niteshades off again.

Then I had an idea. With a little chrome polish the chrome comes right off the plastic, so away I went. It was a PITA to get it all, I removed all the chrome from the housing, leaving only the reflector in the back. The result? Awesome. Pure awesome. Also removed the light bulb reflectors as well, way overdue there.

Some teaser photos, taking pictures in low light FTL, I'm excited to see what it looks like in the daylight, if it's even really noticeable form a distance.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Black fogs look great..When I get my headlight mod goin I might go with that look too..I'll probably paint mine Met. Black tho..to match my theme. Glad the headlight covers got to you safely man..they look good against the Steel Blue!! dont forget that outdoor velcro..they can and will fall off ..lol

·
Bitches be like...
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
nice! did the light ouput dim alot after the cover was installed?
I wouldn't recommend driving outside the city at night with them on. I don't do a lot of driving at night anymore, and if I do, it's a quick trip in town; if I were going anywhere where there wasn't supplemental overhead lighting, I'd take em off. The fogs help a lot; I need to get some silverstars or an HID kit for the fogs and it would be better.

I still need to take new pics, but I did update the front page to get it a bit more recent. Maybe I can get the car cleaned up this week and get some long shots with the fogs and covers on.

·
Registered
299 Posts
well im thinking of getting some for my headlights, i got some silverstar and for the fogs i got some new white bulbs and i removed the reflector my little project is to get covers for the headlight and smoke a bit my fogs and a bra on the hood to make it look mean, and i dont really drive where theres no light, but how hard is it to put on and quickly remove?

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I wanna see these silverstars in action.. everyone talks about em ..they must be pretty good.. Wonder how they compare to my xenon white street glow bulbs or the Luminics that I have yet to hook up..

·
Registered
19,563 Posts
I wouldn't recommend driving outside the city at night with them on. I don't do a lot of driving at night anymore, and if I do, it's a quick trip in town; if I were going anywhere where there wasn't supplemental overhead lighting, I'd take em off. The fogs help a lot;
That's how I did it when I wore my covers. I miss those covers sometimes...

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Not many things can compete with the satisfaction of a clean sexy car!! ..I just looked to the left..and my buffer just looked back at me as to say..why havent you used me this year?:twak: ...

41 - 60 of 140 Posts