DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I know I haven't posted in ions (...no wait that's a Saturn!) in eons! I do still own my wonderful '98 Platinum ES, now closing in on 126k!

So two questions I have are:

1. It is time for strut replacements. They are all original and while the car does not ride like a roller coaster, it does have plenty of noise coming from the front driver side wheel well. I only hear the clanking noise when I'm at about 25mph or under because of wind and road noise. It also dives pretty excessively when making somewhat harder than normal stops.

I am really interested in getting a shop to do them only because I don't have the tools, nor would I feel comfortable doing them myself. I do have family that could probably do them but am worried about any possible mistakes. At least if a shop makes an error, they pay for and fix it.

Boy, these things are expensive! Two of the four shops want around $1,000 for the 4 struts, mounts and front end alignment. I found Midas here to be the deal as they only quoted me $650. Even if I bought all the parts online (Tire Rack for example) it would run me right at about $600, not including an alignment.

So, to those of you who have taken your ride in to a shop, what kind of pricing did you get? Do they offer at least stock quality parts or are they cheap? Any recommended shops?

2. My wipers are on the spaz! They still operate but can't really decide at what speed they want to go. Sometimes they will work just fine for a few passes, then they'll take multiple passes before pausing, sometimes they just stay on the near high speed! Also, if you try to turn them off, they stop as soon as you turn the knob and will not re-seat themselves near the hood. Am I looking at a wiper motor going bad or is the switch to blame?

At first I thought the switch, but now am not so sure. Anyone else have any experiences like this?

Thanks for your help. I have been around browsing here and there but am guilty of not finding more time to post.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
The best price for the front struts on my 02 ES was $405.00. At Tires Plus.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts