DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What the hell is this beep that intermittently occurs inside my 2002 Intrepid SE.....?

I know it is NOT the Door-a-jar chime or chime when your tank hits empty. It is also NOT the beep that occurs when you turn on or off the rear window defrost. No instrument panel lights illuminate when this occurs that I have noticed.

It's like a high tech beeping that comes from the driver side every once an a while for no specific reason.

It sounds like the new quiet beep the new Honda or BMW Anti-Theft systems make when armed or disarmed instead of chirping a siren or the horn. I DO NOT have an Anti-Theft unit and have not installed my Viper alarm unit yet.

At first I thought it had something to do with the door locks so I tried locking them, unlocking them, opening, closing them, rolling up and down the windows at different times, even opening the door while the car was moving, everything!

Passengers notice it too! One of my friends was like "Tight, you got your alarm system installed" I was like no...... My girlfriend is like WTF......?

What could beep like that.......! It has done it with the Stereo/CD Player off so I am assuming it's not the stereo.

Perhaps it's some type of beep that is supposed to occur that is malfunctioning. It's driving me crazy, my 99 ES never did this. Does anyone get this beep or know what it could be......?

I don't want to report this to the dealer because I know it will be probably difficult to duplicate and they'll think I'm crazy.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
It's possible one of your dash lights are burned out.

If your washer fluid is low, it intermittently beeps. Try filling your washer fluid and see if the sound goes away. If so, you have a burned out dash light for your "washer fluid low" light.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info..... I'm going to check that. Hope not, it's a new trep but even new stuff fails. I'm going to check that out.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Mine occasionally beeps when it locks the doors at 15mph.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Huh, that's what I assumed it had something to do with. I never had it beep consistantly like when the doors lock at 15MPH or when the doors or locked or unlocked. I wonder when it's actually supposed to beep, it doesn't seem to be working properly whatever it's for unless it's something I'm not understanding here. I don't remember seeing anything in the manual about this but I'll go back and look.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Thats the self destruct arming itself. Nothing to worry about. Just don't go over 124 MPH or boom.

·
Registered
263 Posts
there's a way to check all the dash lights-something like pressing the trip/odometer button and then turning the key to the on position(don't quote me-maybe someone else knows the exacts)

wow theres a ton of new options on this new board-ME LIKE:thumbsup:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Mine does the same thing too!:crazy:
Oh wait, i remember now, it's because i'm always with my fuel tank low cuz i'm always broke:confused:

Never mind:tongue:

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Self Destruct.....? Yeah, with my luck that's probably it.

Well, it's definately not the low on fuel chime, and I have already tested my instrument cluster. Not low on washer fluid. I have checked everything. It's a quick high tech type beep, not the chime you would normally hear. It's driving my crazy.

·
Registered
349 Posts
About the idea of a bulb being burnt out... I think the only bulbs that are incondescent are the illumination bulbs, turn signal bulbs, traction control indicator, and cruise control indicator. All the others, including the gas light, washer fluid light, door ajar light, etc. are all LEDs, which are extremely unlikely to burn out.

Sorry MP, I have no clue what it would be. The only beeps I hear are the normal chimes... door ajar with key in, headlights on while door open, low fluid/gas, check engine... etc. Did someone leave a little hand-held game in your car? Once a little hand-held slot machine was in someone's pocket in their coat in the kitchen and it was driving me crazy trying to find out what it was that was beeping all the time. Oh well, I tried. :bored:

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks....... I have owned a loaded 99ES and it never did this. I have looked everywhere, It's really strange. Now it hasen't done it in days. Then it will probably start doing it again. I have read the manual word for word 3 times. Nothing about this, I have never heard this type of beep from these cars. It doesn't make sense and I'm afraid to even bring it up to the dealer or manufacture, they'll think I'm whacko. It's definately there, passengers have questioned it as well. I have done everything to try to provoke it or duplicate it. Don't know..... If anyone figures this out please hook it up with some info..........

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
beep

The beep is from the body controller under the drivers side IP. Sometimes they make that beep when the car is running -WHY I dont know.

·
Registered
408 Posts
MP -- If you say it, it will happen. for the first time that I can remember, my car did the same thing yesterday afternoon (after I read your post). As soon as I heard it I thought of you. Here's how/when it happened: door locks hadn't engaged yet, pulled out of a parking lot with a mod/high speed right turn, doors locked while I was in the turn and "BEEP". I didn't have the time to try to recreate it, but I'll try this weekend. The main thing I noticed was that it happened when the doors locked while in a right hand turn. Could this be the DSES (Driver's Side Ejection Seat), well as long as it doesn't beep when I sit down in the drivers seat I guess it's no biggie. Let me (us) know if you can duplicate this.

Dave

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
I think the A/C contols have a beep sound like than. Maybe its from there?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Adaptabl - I guess it could be the A/C, but I know I heard it come from my left side when it happened yesterday, and besides, I didn't have my A/C on since it was only 50 deg yesterday.

Dave

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Yeah you're right..... If you hit the rear window defrost or A/C on of off it beeps, but this is a more hightech and quieter beep.

Got it to beep huh.....? See if you can duplicate the condition consistantly, I'm about to try..... I have never been able to do anything to get it to occur consistantly.....!

Thanks for the info Otto, does this indicate a problem or a certain condition......?

Yeah, I'd love to F$#% with the dealer and swear to them it's a bomb or that it's a failing ejector seat.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts