DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my morning drive, I do get sun glare as I drive east - rural/semi-rural area. Sun is not directly in front, but maybe 15 or 20° to the side (of course changes with the seasons). I do have to watch for deer (my auto ins. actually went up a bit when I moved just 7 miles last year - explanation from agent: “because of deer”), and I do get true glare which really could make the diff. between seeing/not seeing Bambi in time at 55-60 mph. No doubt the TV commercials enhance/exaggerate/fake the effect, but has anyone actually tried this or similar devices on the visor?

I wear glasses to drive, and I don’t like clipons, so I think a visor might work better for me - I could change my mind on that - pretty sure there’s not a perfect solution. (Bell & Howell also advertise the Tac sunglasses on TV - you know - the ones that if you wear them around town, everyone thinks you’re in the CIA or special forces and therefore you’re the coolest guy in town, and all the women will want to - well - you know.) Umm - let’s see - where was I? Oh yeah...

Here is a Bing search for all the “me too” products - maybe someone has tried one or more and can make a recommendation or a general waive-off: https://www.bing.com/search?q=polarized+car+visor&form=APIPH1&PC=APPL&adlt=strict

Here’s an independent YouTube review of the Bell & Howell TacVisor

I am not into wasting $20 for something that I will end up throwing away, so any comments and suggestions on the subject would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
190 Posts
These "cab forward" designed cars get lots of glare from the dash top reflected into the windshield. I can't stand driving without polarized sun glasses. If you have your Rx for your glasses order a set of glasses from www.zenni.com they start at only $12 and you can go as fancy as you want. They even do digital trifocals and all types of frames tints etc! I leave sets in both cars - I even buy glasses just for distance for watching TV while lying down. Great stuff!!

·
Premium Member
16,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! That is an option I did not know about. I’m looking at the Zenni site now.

I’ll run some pricing for some basic options and see how it comes out. It’s ridiculous to end up with several hundred dollars out of pocket - and that’s with vision coverage thru my employer. I like the idea of dedicated prescription driving glasses if the price is reasonable - had not considered that before due to cost.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Click this link

https://goo.gl/Zar9wr

It is for $5 off a zenni- so will cover shipping.

I like them - I have ones for biking - TV - driving etc - and different colors and gradations - I use clip on polarizing in tan and grey. These cars need it. I like plastic tortoise shell frames - my girlfriend has lots of different styles. They have all levels of build quality - but I stay around $12 - if bifocals it can get up to about $50. They sometimes run 20% off or BOGO at 50% off - but these are only a few times a year.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tac Visor is a day/night car visor that clips onto your existing visor. There are two panels, one for daytime and one for nighttime. You can easily flip down whichever panel you’d like, or keep them both in an “up” position when not in use.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts