DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm under the impression by looking at pictures and looking at the tabs before I replaced the bushings, that the tabs are meant to be bent over top of the flat sides of the bolt to hold it steady from moving. I can only attain this same placement with a torque of 50 or so ft-lbs and cannot get it tight enough to where the tabs line up to the flat sides to properly secure the bolts from moving. Does this matter? Or can the bolt be almost any angle from the tabs and it will still perform its function.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Theres a TSB saying they should be tightened to 74-75 ft-lbs. They don't line up but I did my best to bend over two flats. Only problem is the bolts had a rounded edge on the bottom.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
My washers are on there as well. I bought the Advance Auto Parts inner tie rod kit. I'm just concerned the tabs do not lie on the flats of the bolts, it doesn't seem like they're doing any good if they're not bent over the flats. Refer to this for what I'm trying to do:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.