DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
exhaust mods seem to be a great idea and everyones always posting about them. now i would have done a poll but i dont know all the options. my question is what does everyone on the site feel is the best exhaust system to get that makes the car sound the most agressive with no side effects (like excessive loss of low end). thanks for the opinions.

oh and cost too

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
first of all.... with a straight pipe in place of the muffler and just the resonator (very little backpressure now).. i have noticed NO performance loss whatsoever. When we went to the 1/4.. i was just a HARE slower in my 0-60.. but just a HARE quicker overall in the 1/4 than a stock exhaust system with a cold air in take (I have no CAI) (that is JCman).

so don't worry about losing perfomance. if you leave the cats in place you will be fine. beyond that... get what you can afford. alot of people say the flowy 40's are too loud. I don't think so.
Its all a matter on how loud you want your car.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i dont mind the loudness as long as it sounds good. by good i mean a throaty powerful sound. JoeKD, i know there are no "systems" available. as for the rest of you post, i dont care. i just want to know what the members of this site are happy with

·
Registered
562 Posts
I ran straight pipe with no resonantor on my 3.5L it sounded sweet and performend well.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
I like my sound for the price I got it for (I think it was $40 for pipe and bending). it gets kinda whiney around town... but it definately turns some heads if you get on it. on the hiway.. the rest of the shrinking seals make enough wind noise to completely cover it up.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The best sounding exhaust i ever heard on any car was headers....short, 1/2 foot primary glasspacks ahead of the the cat, hi flow cats, and 3 footer glasspacks on the hind end...i know its alot of trouble but it has very low backpressure, is legal, and takes alot of the ping of headers out and just leaves a nice low rumble....someday my Sport will have this setup....when it does, ill post a sound clip.....Mike

PS. bout 2.25" system from the cats forward and 2.5-3" from there back....the step up is supposed to help low end torqe (Check out the Heddman Torq-step products) and those sizes should flow plenty for 215 cubes

·
Registered
468 Posts
ive noticed no change in performance what so ever with all my performance mods

it just looks and sounds really good now

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
I noticed a small increase in tourqe when i got my exhaust put on. I imagine a part of it is just the sound im noticing, but i feel like im getting a little more push off the line. Mine is "Ravin Performance Exhaust" and although it doesnt have a big name to it, it gives me a nice v-8 style sound without the gurgle and rumble i noticed on a lot of flowmasters.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Plum97sport said:
The best sounding exhaust i ever heard on any car was headers....short, 1/2 foot primary glasspacks ahead of the the cat, hi flow cats, and 3 footer glasspacks on the hind end...i know its alot of trouble but it has very low backpressure, is legal, and takes alot of the ping of headers out and just leaves a nice low rumble....someday my Sport will have this setup....when it does, ill post a sound clip.....Mike

PS. bout 2.25" system from the cats forward and 2.5-3" from there back....the step up is supposed to help low end torqe (Check out the Heddman Torq-step products) and those sizes should flow plenty for 215 cubes
Actually, 1.8" inch primaries then into either 2.25" for 3.3 cars, or to 2.5" for 3.5 cars.

·
Registered
366 Posts
RCE2WIN ----> what do you have, and how much did it cost ya?

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
RCE2WIN said:
Just wait till you see what i had done...i think you will all like. It's certainly different than any Flowmaster/resonator/etc. setup that's on here. Performance is awesome too, the car runs so much better now.
So where do you want to meet so I can check this (whatever it is) out?

:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts