·
Grab Your ***** By The Horns
5,620 Posts
:smileyvault-wtf: :shocked:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This car has a 97 3.5 motor trans and wiring harness, It starts and run and we are working on getting the guage cluster to work properly. The front suspension is chevette spindles and hubs with homemade tubular upper and lower control arms. I also used the rack from the chevettte. You can see the full build log at .locostusa.com
Go to the forums and then to the non traditional build logs. It is poeted under the thread locost formula for a slalom/track car egomans build.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Man you guys must be hungry for something to see, you jumped on this post quite quickly.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Besides the 1st gen wheels in the back, what does it have in common with an Intrepid...?
The motor the trans all the wiring harness all the control modules the rad the front struts(in the rear of course), I also used the dash the stock fuel pump relocated into a jazz cell
The rear suspension is the complete stock front suspension pieces with slight mods. The cv shafts are the stockers as well. I could go on but I tried to use as much as possible to save money and to prove that the dodge stuff is good for this application.

·
Bitches be like...
16,618 Posts
Man you guys must be hungry for something to see, you jumped on this post quite quickly.
You must not be used to an active forum, we jump on every post pretty quickly. :happy:

A 3.5 with nothing to push but itself, that thing will go like hell! Neat project!

Based on your 1st post a year ago you've been working on this thing for awhile!

·
1st Gen FTW - It's AutoMedic!
15,449 Posts
Looks great! Glad to see someone thinking outside the box, but still thinking smart... the last thread I read about using the 3.3/3.5/3.8 running gear was a guy that was re-powering a rear engine RV - he used a first gen OBDII 3.5 controller, OBDII 3.3 wiring harness, and OBDII body harness to do it, and it was a coble job at best...

Your project looks great!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You must not be used to an active forum, we jump on every post pretty quickly. :happy:

A 3.5 with nothing to push but itself, that thing will go like hell! Neat project!

Based on your 1st post a year ago you've been working on this thing for awhile!
Actually if you go to the build log you will see the timetable has been relatively short. Sure , I had plans of getting going earlier but work was getting in the way. Now unemployed the progress is fast.(happily unemployed).:sleep1:

·
Registered
39 Posts
That thing looks like it could be a lot of fun and get you into a whole lot of trouble at the same time. I like it lol, it looks really cool. But as paintballdude said, we do need a vid or something of it. I mean come on, you just can't post something this original and just leave us with a couple of pics of it ;)

Evan

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You want more you have to go to the, locost usa.com forums and look under the non traditional builds.
The thread is titled " locost formula for a slalom track car, egomans build". I have a few short vids on my computer but until my bud shows me how to post them thats where they will stay. I plan on a short drive by next weekend.

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
Love it!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts