DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I thought I'd keep my driftwood carpet in my trep' becuase it had faded grey to match my new interior, but on closer inspection, it's faded all kinds of colors and looks gross! Time for new carpet! My question is, have any of you trep' owners replaced their carpet and where did you get it? I've been looking on line and they sell premolded stuff for about 120-150 bucks in many colors. How well premolded is the stuff?

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
premolded... and then rolled into a ball and shoved in a box where it sits in a warehouse for god knows how long.

I bought aftermarket black carpet for my intrepid. It was slightly too wide (about a foot on either side), the humps don't match up perfect, and it was a major ***** to install. But in the end it looked much better than the stock dirty stuff.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I've often thought about replacing the carpet with something different all together, or covering it. Wonder what a think coat of Rhino lining would look like on the carpet, they can do it too all kinds of thicknesses and finishes, even colors I think and it would be all but indestructible.

·
Registered
472 Posts
yeah, I had my doubts about being able to remove the carpet and insert rhino lining but what if you got a cheap razor, shaved the carpet low then put thin rhino lining over the carpet. I heard its flexible if applied properly, so you could still fold your carpet up to get at things, but I don't know that for a fact.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts