DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm finally going to fix those annoying squeeking brakes. I have a set of Morse ceramic brake pads that I was going to use on my 94', but never did. They'll fit my 95 so I'll use those. I need new rotors, and these cars eat them up! What are the BEST rotors for a decent price under 50 bucks for the 1st gen Intrepids that wont warp like all the others do.

I was going to use Raybestos, they seem pretty good.

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
all rotors will warp or rust or something. Go with the iRotors. They look the best, perform the best, and last pretty darn long even with a slight warping issue.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
$250.00...DAMN...I could get all new lifetime brakes on all four wheels for that price! Howabout decent rotors for less than 50 bucks.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Matt86 said:
$250.00...DAMN...I could get all new lifetime brakes on all four wheels for that price! Howabout decent rotors for less than 50 bucks.
You asked for the best, not the cheapest. If you want something good you'll have to pay. Good Luck finding anything decent for $50!

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I put cheapo pads and rotors on my car last fall, and they are still doing great.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just need something that wont warp after 1,000 miles. I really don't need them to last the lifetime of the car, as I'm probabily going to dump it when the trans finally dies.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Matt86 said:
I was going to use Raybestos, they seem pretty good.
If it's their PG Plus line, than go for it. The cheaper variants are most likely coming out of China. Stuff coming from China is hit and miss. Remember, you get what you pay for.

I believe Advance Auto has the PG Plus rotors for just under $50 a piece.

P.S. There is more to "warpage" than just the rotors.

·
Dain bramaged
7,219 Posts
the rotors on my car are at least 6 years old, the pads are like 3 or so years..

and no.. i have no idea what brand..

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
I've never warped my rotors in the 7 years we owned this car. My Tbird and Mustang were another storey but this LHS seems immune to the steering shake after high speed braking.

I've bought, dealer rotors, RotoTech drilled and slotted and now Monroe.
It's always got Ceramic pads.

The Rototech were the shortest stopping distance in a full effort stop but they pads only lasted 9 months of aggressive and city driving.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have a 25.00 Advance auto credit, I'll see what I can get there.

Anyone notice that Advance gives you cupons for junk after you spend a certian amount there? ($100+ for the power steering stuff for the trep, $100+ for the Acclaim shocks) I got a 25.00 instore credit and a bunch of cupons.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I decided to go with Raybestos. With the new pads, the brakes are quiet and they work great!

I had a few issues putting the drivers side caliper back on, mainly because on the driver's side, the BOTTOM of the caliper clips in the knuckle. On the passenger side, the TOP does. I was a bit confused, but I got it!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts