Registered
6,788 Posts
from experience
clean the area with rubbing alcohol
if it is bare metal, you will need some primer to stop rust
take your time and apply it in layers
try to keep it in the rock chip/scratch
allow it several hours to dry between coats
after the scratch/chip has been filled in level, polish it to help blend it into the factory paint

if the paint matches really well give me the part number so i can do my car :D

HTH Bruce

·
Registered
638 Posts
I like to do touch-ups with my small hobby airbrush after doing the prep-work that dabirdz96 suggested. It's easier for me to get even coverage that way. :)

·
Registered
332 Posts
The best way i have done with very simple tools is using a toothpick. get a dap on the end and basically build up dots lettin them dry between layers. thats what my paint guy said to do. And it has worked well. Good Luck.
Joe E.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Fine coats and let each dry for 15 minutes (in decent dry warm temps)...while you pulll out brush wipe excess off on side (inside area) of container and apply in one smooth stroke slowly carefully...don't keep going over it since it dries fast and can get clumpy/messy etc...one coat smooth and very little on brush...should be good for small touch ups not bigger areas...
STBEAR007

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
i think that would depend on how big of an area your working with, obviously the toothpick would be a nice trick but would kill you if youre working with a 3 inch scrape.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Got mine from the dealer.....only $5 a go and the color is a perfect match. Just get the paint # from the side of the drivers door.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts