DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a set of Michelin floormats from Costco for $37CDN. They look like they're gonna do an awesome job, very deep crevices, and I was able to cut them to fit properly in my Civic without compromising the water retention (the driver's floor has a couple of obsticles like the gas pedal and the trunk/gas lid popper). The front seat frames get in the way of the rear floor mats as well.........no problem, those cut to fit as well without compromising water retention.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
I might have to buy those too for my next winter beater, lol. The price is very good.

Reactions: Great White

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
My mom actually got me a really nice set of black rubbermaid floormats. They were also easy to trim and fit my intrepid perfectly after cutting some excess. I've been using them ever since. Considering upgrading to the dodge motorsports rubber mats in the future.

Josiah

·
Registered
795 Posts
I bought these Nifty Catch-all Extreme mats and they are perfect! They are custom formed to the entire floorpan area and catch all the crap. They don't have ridges to savew your pants (I've never really had that problem anyway), but they keep the carpet looking brand new.

Easy to clean to... no need to vacume the carpet, everything stays in the mat when you take it out.

http://www.realtruck.com/productline/623/177/1/nifty_catch-all_xtreme_floor_protection.html

·
Registered
686 Posts
Hey Avenger. yeah that floor pan in the Civic is a bit tricky. I actually ordered a custom fit set of the internet for 68.00 Canadian. (this included the two fronts and one big long rear mat). They have little egg cup like dents to hold the water in the bottom and are pre cut with the tie down holes so they fit exactly like the stock mats.

If the COSCO ones doen't work out I can send give you the website where I got them.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
I find any of the "pan" style floor mats are good for winter as long as they can sit fairly flat. You just have to let them freeze overnight and empty them every morning. Clean dry carpets every time!

Cheers

BJ

·
Registered
931 Posts
What are these "winter floormats" you all speak of?

(I ask this question as I am prepared to spend the winter not having to feel the temperature go much below 40 here)

·
Registered
537 Posts
Itrain I hate you ....lol.....JK. I got Xtreme FSX floor mates and they are amazing. Deep grooves as well as in the middle there is a section that has foam underneath so it holds extra water and all you do is hang them up in ur basement over night to dry if they are soaked. They have never overflowed like my old pantsaver mats did. $29.99 at Canadian Tire. Black, Grey or Tan.

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
My OEM mats work just fine since I have my car garaged all the time!

That reminds me...I need to replace my front mats...mainly the driver's side...anyone got a good set handy?! :(

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
In2Deep said:
My OEM mats work just fine since I have my car garaged all the time!

That reminds me...I need to replace my front mats...mainly the driver's side...anyone got a good set handy?! :(
want some MS mats?

as for me, i drive a ford focus. i dont need floormats for the winter

1 - 15 of 15 Posts