DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i own a 96 trepid. Interested in getting some BIG rims. Maybe 20inch. question is what is the largest rims that will fit on the car. what would the widest rim/tire that would fit also. interested in knowing what u have on ur trepid. thanxxxxxxx

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
20" WILL FIT, 245 is the widest tire you can go with.

oops, this is for a 2nd gen, not sure about 1st gens

·
Registered
217 Posts
How are the roads in Baltimore? :)

·
Registered
8,649 Posts
As far as tire width, that will depend on the offset of you new wheels. Having less offset will push the wheel out of the wheel well allowing for a wider wheel/tire combination...

·
Registered
31 Posts
You can definatly go 20's with out a problem. If you were to go with 22's you would have to make sure that you got ultra low pros, I'm talking 30 series. Width wise I have a 7.5" rim with a +48 offset but you shouldn't have any clearence problems if you went with a +45 and a 8" wide wheel. The over all tire diameter on a lot of stock 1st gen intepids is about 25", that is using the tire size 205/70/15. So as long as you can keep your tire diameter around there you will be ok. For example I'm running 225/40/18 which have a diameter of 24" and I lowerd the car to make up for the wheel gap. You just have to decide how big of wheel you want and then check out the sizes measurments on tires to make sure it all fits. Also if you didn't know the bolt patteren is 114.3mmx5

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanx for the feedback. depending on the cost, i would like 20in. other wise maybe 19in. u think wire wheels look good on 1st gen 96 trepid? do u hav any pics or have u seen 1st gen with the " Spreewell" rims. ( the ones that keep spinning when u are at a complete stop. they are sweeeeeeeeet. thanxxxxx what would the diameter of 215/40/19. Can someone please tell me how i would figure the diameter out ??????

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
You want a wider tire than 215.

Personally, I'd upgrade, go at least 235 width.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
I think spinners are kinda neat, but at up to $2-4k for a set, for machined and polished pieces of metal, they're a total rip off.
If you put a request into our intrepid imaging section, there are many photoshoppers like myself that could take a pic of your car, and put the rims of your choice at the desired height ex: 20"

·
Registered
68 Posts
I dont know how they will look on the 96, but they look damn good on my 98. Well they did before two of them got took.

·
Registered
962 Posts
playerz304 said:
I dont know how they will look on the 96, but they look damn good on my 98. Well they did before two of them got took.
I'm sure it still looks good from one side right?:D

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanx, u think 20in on 1st gen 96 trepid would be to big? yea i would love to see my car with a few differant rims (photoshopped). i will put my request in !

·
Registered
232 Posts
well i know the bigest the 2gen can go is with 21 in rims and i think less than 8 ins wide as far as spinners well i had them and they were bad ass everyone like them on my car it got my car lots of attention that was till they stole them yesterday :{ 2,000 down the drain . if you get spinners dont take your car anywhere they are easy to take its to bad i have to learn the hard way .

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
awwwwwwww. i feel ur pain playgirl.i bet ur car looked sweeet. do u have any pix? wqhere did u buy ur rims from? where can i get rims and also in dash tv fairly cheap???????

·
Registered
217 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss playgirl you have a nice ride. Did you get any pics before they got snatched? You can't have anything nice in the world today because some bastard is always trying to steal it from you.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts