DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anyone on here would be able to tell me how to change,or bypass a bios password on a computer without knowing what the password is?

There has to be some hacker on here that can help me out, and dont worry, i'm not going to hack into the IRS database, i just have a friend who's got an old computer that we're trying to set up again and we cant figure out the bios password

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
depending on the system there may be a jumper on the moptherboard to reset bios or the common way is to totally powerdown (pull plug and disconnect small watch type battery on motherboard for about 15 minutes)

Important thing to remember is to get into BIOS and disable or change password once you have followed the reset steps

·
Registered
121 Posts
yeah, there must be a jumper, just look a some of the direction on the motherboard or some configuration settings. Just move the jumper out and put it back in. You won't have to have a password to get in the BIOS. If you take the BIOS battery out, you will have to go back and reconfigure the settings such as the size of the HDD, and all that stuff. This is just general info, i don't know if it's the same with your motherboard, it should. Hope you get it right :D :p

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Yup, I had got an old computer from work. It had a jumper...had to the same thing. Alot of the time (though not always, it will be marked on the motherboar by "clear" or something similar)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts