DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys

im distressed :) my redezvous was parked by a tree for a couple of weeks and when i got home it was covered in bird stuff.. i tool it to the car wash and most of it came off though on the driver side is stains in the paint :( i tried some car wax and after lots of rubbing it comes off how can i go by polishing it out? ive never had luck with polishing compuound as i always leave scratches i would apreciate any help or advice im hoping if i get it taken care of ASAp it will minimize damage

Jeff

·
Premium Member
15,510 Posts
yikes i have the same problem,, seems the chit mars the clear,, i sure wish then birds would go south,, any ideas?? anyone?

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well did some polishing compuond and meguires gold class wax and it kinda cleaned it GRRRR But i refuse to climb on the roof to do the roof spots LOL

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
WorrafRic said:
Try Meguires cleaner, Deep Crystal System Paint cleaner, Step 1 in the series. I've had good luck using that.

DING DING DING!

Don't waste your time with anything else until you try this. You can't "wax" out paint blemishes. Paint cleaner removes previous layers of buildup that are on top of the clearcoat (old wax, silicon, poop stains, etc). Something you might want to do first is mix a little dish soap in when you wash your car. If you do this every now and then, the abrasiveness of the dish soap will help remove build-up the same way.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
gazetowardthesky said:
DING DING DING!

Don't waste your time with anything else until you try this. You can't "wax" out paint blemishes. Paint cleaner removes previous layers of buildup that are on top of the clearcoat (old wax, silicon, poop stains, etc). Something you might want to do first is mix a little dish soap in when you wash your car. If you do this every now and then, the abrasiveness of the dish soap will help remove build-up the same way.
Don't forget to re-wax or re-seal after adding dish soap to your bucket. :eek:

First thing to do is probably clay-bar it IMHO.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
gazetowardthesky said:
Exactly, which Is why I'd only recomend a little dish soap on like every 4th wash or so.
Yeah, I know you and I know that Pat, but just making sure it was clear to the unsuspecting reader down the road, not to scrub up with Dawn, then hit the road. LOL! :D

·
Registered
176 Posts
HEY!!!! Give a guy some credit...I was the one that suggested the the Meguires. I mean I was quoted. Plus if you knew the Dawn I know scrubbing up with her and hitting the road has given me many wonderful hours of daydreams!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.