DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From my experience, it seems that if a bird decides to use your car as a toilet, you should immediately get it off the car's finish. Reason is this, if you have a darker color car, it will ruin the finish to the point where the car still looks like it is sporting the bird crap, just a bit different color. Same seems to go for bug stains.

My fiancee has a 2000 Neon which is black (never again for her, too many surface scratches and stains) and has a lot of bug remains and bird stain problems. I have been looking at a Makita or Milwaukee tools 7" buffer. I used one when I was a lot attendant / porter and I wanted to know if this is the best way to remove these stains. I already tried the Mother's clay bar detailing kit.

So, for our used car buyers out there, what is the best procedure to get the seemingly permanent bird stain out of the finish? Does buffing with two or three different grits of compound do the best job?

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
That is about the best you can do...there is a good chance you will not be able to get the stain out completely. Bird crap has the tendency to screw up clear coat beyond repair. If you look closely and see a hundred little cracks in the clear coat where the bird drop is you are screwed. By buffing it you can make it less noticable but you will not get it out completely.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Oh yeah? Try Gecko crap! The Gecko's hang around the light in my garage to get bugs, and as they eat they crap. Of course the light is in the center of the ceiling. A Gecko is a little lizard-like reptile that is just full of it !!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts