DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1st I wanna thank everyone on here that helps me and other do mods and repairs. :) I followed the step by step directions from old threads on here. Also I purposely left the mileage and shifter display oem color because it would look odd if it were ALL blue but I might put a yellow tint in the future. I used 6 BLUE 25 SMD-LEDs for the main bulbs, 2 YELLOW 20 SMD-LED for the turn signals, 1 GREEN 50-50 SMD-LED for the cruise light and 1 WHITE 2 SMD-LED for the high beam. THANKS AGAIN GUYS FOR HELPING WITH ADVICE. I know there's a lot of pics but check 'em out. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks cool! Is that where your temp gauge normally reads?
It usually reads at right below half way but I took the pic this morning when it was 44 degrees. Oh and thanks BigE 'cause you're one of the di.net members that has helped me in the past and I'm sure the future. :)

·
Registered
15,104 Posts
Looks good, I like it. Can the PRNDL & mileage be changed to blue...? Might look good.

yeah - MrBigE pointed something out, your temp gauge is too hot, slightly by a minor bit. Bleed the air or add coolant.

·
Registered
15,047 Posts
Looks good, I like it. Can the PRNDL & mileage be changed to blue...? Might look good.

yeah - MrBigE pointed something out, your temp gauge is too hot, slightly by a minor bit. Bleed the air or add coolant.
He can find some blue tint or cellophane to place over the displays underneath the cluster face itself, but it will still come out with a slight greenish tinge to it.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

I was thinking of buying blue vinyl tint but I'm glad I didn't. Too much blue if I'da done that. If anything I'll use red or yellow tint. But for now, I like how the "mint green" stands out from the blue LEDs. & I didn't notice the temp gauge level 'til BigE pointed it out. I'll have the whole coolant system drained next week because it's dirty, it has brownish gunk in there I'm hoping the head gaskets are still intact. :cokey

·
Premium Member
16,969 Posts
Looks nice, but I think the effect is ruined by the remaining green displays. IMO...

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I kinda like the splash of color difference. Makes them look different, just like turn signal indicators, etc.
Exactly. I wanted different colors not just all blue. That would look too plain. That's why the turn signals are yellow cruise light is green and high beam is white(the bulb).

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This is a great mod. Nice work! I went blue on almost everything except for 3 of the lights.

Thanks. :) How'd you change the oil, seat belt & other icons to blue????? And the blue mileage and shifter display actually doesn't look bad.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts