DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys and Gals

Excellent news. I was able to open up the Intrepid headlights with 100% success!

I'll let pictures speak for themselves:

clear corner

It took me about 2 hours to carefully take the assembly apart. The plastic housing is very soft compared to the 2G stratus headlight. Taking the plastic reflective assembly that’s in the clear cover was a *****, as it is squeezed in there. Cleaning out the glue from the canal is nerve wrecking.

But to answer the main question, YES YOU CAN TAKE THE ASSEMBLY APART WITHOUT A PROBLEM. Patience is a virtue.

Now before I get hit with PM on how to go about this, please hold on a bit. I will write a How-to in a short bit.

You can address your questions here or through PM.

Thank you,
Luke

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
woo hoo..thats awesome./.any word on the 2g Concorde?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Imadreadhead said:
woo hoo..thats awesome./.any word on the 2g Concorde?
I am having a hard time finding a set for the 2g concords.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
thats cool..im happy the intrepid owners have this opportunity

·
Registered
709 Posts
Luke you are truely a wonderful man, and all I can say is thank you for spending your time and money on finding out this info for us :thumbsup:

Edit: Well I joined 2GSS.org and read Luke's how-to for thier lights and I look forwards to the one he creates for us; lots of pics, good humor, extreamly helpful and all the info needed to reasure ANYBODY who maybe worried.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
I've also been a member over at 2GSS for over a year now and can speak very highly of this guy's work and helpfulness. Glad to see he's decided to do business here.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you thank you guys. I am itching to see how this turns out myself. I almost had a doubt that I might fail on this project, but in all looks like this lamp shall see another day.

·
Registered
865 Posts
looking good, what exactly are you gonna paint black and what will be the purpse of that?

seems like anything near the bulb painted black would get really hot.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This part right here gets jet black coating with a clear corner.

Paint is rated at 1000*F.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
:eek2: :eek2: :eek2: Very nice!! I can't wait to see it all done and install on the car.:fun_08: :fun_08: I really, really hope that you will succeed :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

·
Registered
411 Posts
Can someone say projection headlights...maybe? Thats awesome, i'd like to see this done with the 2G corde too (there wouldnt be much to paint black though), but first of course this is top priority. This is defineately somehting to look forward to.

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
Luke: Is there any way that if I were to send you my headlights that you can do this mod? If so how much $ are we talking?
~Tony~

·
Registered
865 Posts
Paint is rated at 1000*F

there ya go :)

1g corde, that includes the 1g trep correct? I have to change the headlight assembly on both sides when I feel like it, might be interested.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I dont want to jump into any fast conclusions but projection would not look very attractive unless someone has creative hands and can make a nice housing to cover the empty space.

The outer plastic assembly is very soft so the projectors might jiggle when going over rough surface. We are talking about a very expensive project here.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
crombie said:
Luke: Is there any way that if I were to send you my headlights that you can do this mod? If so how much $ are we talking?
~Tony~
We can arrange something like that. I cant give you a price just yet. Lets see how difficult it will be to assemble the lamp together. Taking it apart is not a problem, putting it back is. lol The intrepid lamp has too many removeable parts and putting them back together might be little tricky.

As for 1g trep and cords, hold on tight guys I am going to whip something up. Just hold on.

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
SkuBy INc. said:
We can arrange something like that. I cant give you a price just yet. Lets see how difficult it will be to assemble the lamp together.
Very well... just let us know.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
this lends itself to many custom ideas like etching personalization into the inside of the lenses and such. Thank you sir, thank you.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
im gonna cry

ALi

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Quick overview of whats going on. Just to get an full idea of how this will look I put the lamp together for a moment. The lens that I have on this lamp is poor, I have to wet sand it and buff if out. Should look newer.

I am thinking about painting the top surface of the divider between the running lighs and low/high beam. Any thoughts?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts