DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need the roof rack, do alot of skiing in the winter.
tow-hitch jet boats, jets skis and towing....yea i know its not a truck.

HID's
refinished headlights.
ceramic pads, sloted/drilled rotors
blacked out wheels, and lights.

180,000 miles.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
awesome corde, love the black wheels with the drilled and slotted rotors! looks like she could use a bath though

·
Registered
345 Posts
Nice corde. I was wondering what brand and model the roof rack is. I have been looking for one that fits on our cars for a while because I am sick of putting my muddy bike in the back seat after I am done mountain biking.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice corde. I was wondering what brand and model the roof rack is. I have been looking for one that fits on our cars for a while because I am sick of putting my muddy bike in the back seat after I am done mountain biking.
Yakima.

shes a trouper!!!

another shot of her with "the pod" on it...

the refinished lights... used the 3M refinish kit.

rotors were a problem, they warped...
have to be machined atleast once a year, sometimes 6 months.(winter mountian season)

spent about 100 a corner, if your getting them id suggest getting heat treated ones. or youll have warping issues...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
You can get a bike rack for the trailer hitch,imho better than on the roof.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How much work did it take to refinish those headlights and how much was the kit?
the 3M kit,,,, thats the one. took about 2 hours, taking ALOT of time to "do it right" wasnt as much effort as i expected. but when you sand off the first 2 layers you swear you just ruined the headlights, it starts to look awsome with the rubbing compound if you do the 800 and 1000 grit pads properly..... VERY VERY rewarding....

besides "accidently" having to rebuild my topend, i was trying to fix my grill into a blackedout...but while i was rebuilding it, i dipped the whole dang thing into chrysler red paint..

grabbed 300M autostick stuff... real fun... i need to post pics when i get it in...
have to replace the driverside valvecover thats why its still black/non existant in the pics.

hey who doesnt like monster trucks?

Attachments

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
updated pics of recent work.

got my new grill project on.

bumper straightened out.

blackedout the front signal markers and back lights.

updated guages, step 1 of the autostick swap.

got my motor where i want her for the time being. more will come.

this is when shes most happy though. tromping through the snow!!

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
did you ever put new timing chains/water pump in before the engine went. if not you got ALOT of miles out of that 2.7

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
did you ever put new timing chains/water pump in before the engine went. if not you got ALOT of miles out of that 2.7
AHAHAHA NO!!!!!!!!
150-170K on a stock 2.7
only did oil changes..

infact it didnt "go out" on me... i bent the valves trying to replace the waterpump gasket.... l think the tentioner was never reset properly when i put it back in.... my hadleys guide wasnt so clear on that part.... and i hadnt read enough on here..!!:smileyvault-newhere:glum:

thanks man!! i like this car.. most cost effective vehicle i ever owned. and i enjoy driving it more then my other cars (except the 67' skylark and the 11 second 1/4 mile's)

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
AHAHAHA NO!!!!!!!!
150-170K on a stock 2.7
only did oil changes..

infact it didnt "go out" on me... i bent the valves trying to replace the waterpump gasket.... l think the tentioner was never reset properly when i put it back in.... my hadleys guide wasnt so clear on that part.... and i hadnt read enough on here..!!:smileyvault-newhere:glum:

thanks man!! i like this car.. most cost effective vehicle i ever owned. and i enjoy driving it more then my other cars (except the 67' skylark and the 11 second 1/4 mile's)
ohh wow didnt know you bent them yourself. well hey atleast you got fresh engine components under the hood. go for 180k more!

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ohh wow didnt know you bent them yourself. well hey atleast you got fresh engine components under the hood. go for 180k more!
shes def going to have a spot on my driveway/garage untill "the end" im shooting for atleast 500,000....
even if i get a 2ed car, 3rd etc.
(i want a chevy volt...)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts