DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
I haven't heard of either of them. That doesn't mean anything though. There are so many products out there. The one thing that seems a little fuzzy to me is the black ax being Carnuba and removing scratches. If it's pure carnuba then it won't remove scratches. Pure carnuba doesn't have any abrasives. I also don't think the color of the wax matters. I use a wax called Collinite Marquis D'Elegance that's been around forever and is an exceptional product.

Let us know how you make out.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Natty's Blue Paste Wax works the best on dark colored cars in my opionion, although i think it works great on any color. Makes dark colors look so sexy you find yourself humping the car. Get it at poorboysworld.com

·
Registered
207 Posts
ICE by turtlewax, is amazing...... on my dark green car... it makes it look like sex. not joking, its deff. worth the 16 bucks you pay, and Ive done 7 cars with it and still havent used a 1/4 of the bottle. It makes your car baby ass soft too. ITs amazing!

·
Registered
646 Posts
The wax i mentioned is just a carnuba wax, carnua doesnt fill in scratches, if you want to fill in scratches look for a Glaze. Glaze's fill in scratches, and also shine up the paints surface, but dont really offer any protection like wax does. Find a good glaze, use it, and then wax that bad boy for the best possible shine. Also remember that glaze will only fill in very very minor scratches, typically stuff like wheel marks, micro marring, or swirls.

If you really want to remove the scratches the best way you're going to polish the whole car with varying compound strengths depending on how bad the paint is. But polishing takes considerable time and energy.

*edit* Oh and meguiars sells some glaze, called new car polish or show car polish, or something like that, It worked pretty good when i used it at work once or twice. I didn't check to see how well it filled in scratches though, It was being used as a last step product to remove water spots on a freshly painted hood and we cant wax fresh paint.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
JK3418 said:
ICE by turtlewax, is amazing...... on my dark green car... it makes it look like sex. not joking, its deff. worth the 16 bucks you pay, and Ive done 7 cars with it and still havent used a 1/4 of the bottle. It makes your car baby ass soft too. ITs amazing!
how long does it last? does it have that wet look to it afterwards?

·
Registered
207 Posts
it lasts until it rains or so, but it made my silver flake in the clear coat, come out. Ive never seen another detailer product do that. It makes it look like it just got detailed and feels like it too (Baby soft!)

·
Registered
646 Posts
The natty's paste wax gives the car the "wet" look, it gives the car a new dimension of depth and INSANE reflections, look at their website that i listed above and check out the pictures, it will show you basically how good the wax is. Oh and the wax if you only apply one thin coat, lasts through a couple of rains and a couple of washes, id say 3 of either or, i only ever apply one because im always in a hurry. The wax also smells like bubble gum, i find myself wanting to lick it quite frequently :p

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
SHAUN said:
Turtle Wax claims that the ICE product will last 3-4 months. There is a wet look as soon as you put it on and shortly after, but once its buffed and all residue is gone, it loses the wet look. Don't get me wrong, the paint will look better, its just not a very wet shine, in my opinion.

Josiah

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
SHAUN said:
You want a wet look SHAUN? Do this, in this order
Wash
Clay Bar if needed
Polish with Meguiar's Step 2
Apply Meguiar's No.7 Show Car Glaze
Apply your choice of the three BY HAND ONLY:
Meguiar's Gold Class Wax- Wicked shiney wet look, lasts about a month, weather and storage depending
Meguiar's NXT - Pretty dam good shine, lasts 2-4 months.
Liquid Glass - $20 a can, still decent shine, lasts 5-7 months.

Don't bother with "color specific" waxes. They're a crock of ****. You might as well buy that infommercial **** durashine.

·
Registered
512 Posts
sorry to hijack for my own interests...but what do you guys think i should use for mine? ive got the champagne color, and nothing ive used so far really amazed me. but NO clay barring...i dont trust it.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
LebanonsFinest said:
but NO clay barring...i dont trust it.
why not did u have a bad experience with it? i dont see how. but anyways just to let u know when u should clay bar ur car, after uve just washed and dried ur car rub ur hand over the finish, if u feels roughness ur sandy feel, u need to clay. easy test. as for they type of colour u have. not sure if u have swirls on ur car but try the Meguiars NXT wax. it puts a nice glaze on the car very easy to use smells nice too.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
LebanonsFinest said:
sorry to hijack for my own interests...but what do you guys think i should use for mine? ive got the champagne color, and nothing ive used so far really amazed me. but NO clay barring...i dont trust it.
The process I listed in a previous post is universal to any color. However, lighter colors like champagne and silver can only look so good, no matter what you use. They're easier to make look good, as opposed to black, which is harder, but looks better when done properly.

LOUD98ES said:
Wash
Clay Bar if needed
Polish with Meguiar's Step 2
Apply Meguiar's No.7 Show Car Glaze
Apply your choice of the three BY HAND ONLY:
Meguiar's Gold Class Wax- Wicked shiney wet look, lasts about a month, weather and storage depending
Meguiar's NXT - Pretty dam good shine, lasts 2-4 months.
Liquid Glass - $20 a can, still decent shine, lasts 5-7 months.

Don't bother with "color specific" waxes. They're a crock of ****. You might as well buy that infommercial **** durashine.

·
Registered
512 Posts
SHAUN said:
why not did u have a bad experience with it? i dont see how. but anyways just to let u know when u should clay bar ur car, after uve just washed and dried ur car rub ur hand over the finish, if u feels roughness ur sandy feel, u need to clay. easy test. as for they type of colour u have. not sure if u have swirls on ur car but try the Meguiars NXT wax. it puts a nice glaze on the car very easy to use smells nice too.
just the whole idea of scrubbing my car with a highly abrasive material doesnt sit well with me. i wash and detail my car myself, and im very careful with the brush i use.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
LebanonsFinest said:
just the whole idea of scrubbing my car with a highly abrasive material doesnt sit well with me. i wash and detail my car myself, and im very careful with the brush i use.
brushes are probably the worst thin you can use to wash your car. the best tool for washing is either a 100% terry cotton towel, a turkish towel, a high quality microfiber towel, or sheeps wool. Brushes will only leave scratches and brush marks. Clay is a VERY good thing if used as applied properly. Like SHAUN said, if you do it right, a paint finish that once felt rough to the touch will feel smooth as glass when done. It'll do more good in one use than a lifetime of brush use will.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
LOUD98ES said:
brushes are probably the worst thin you can use to wash your car. the best tool for washing is either a 100% terry cotton towel, a turkish towel, a high quality microfiber towel, or sheeps wool. Brushes will only leave scratches and brush marks. Clay is a VERY good thing if used as applied properly. Like SHAUN said, if you do it right, a paint finish that once felt rough to the touch will feel smooth as glass when done. It'll do more good in one use than a lifetime of brush use will.
great points here. i use sheeps wool to wash my car.

heres a tip for anyone drying the car. if ur going to use a chamois dont bunch it up into a ball and go back and forth with the chamois over ur paint, what u should do is use it damp, open it flat on the car and slide it in one direction. anyone do this?

·
Registered
512 Posts
i do :). i thought it was the boater way to do it though. i have a sheeps wool scrubber, but we only use it on the benz and the crossfire. the brush i use isnt in bad condition...ive been using it for years and its an extention to my body. im very picky when it comes to what touches my car, and the brush is good for me :p.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
I'm not bustin your balls here, but saying you're picky about what touches your car, and then using the SAME brush for YEARS, let alone using a brush at all to wash your car, is kinda like sayin you only **** hot girls, but you go home and bang a 400 pounder every night, it just makes no sense. You use the good stuff on the benz and crossfire, why not use it on your car. I use the best my finances allow on my car. In some cases, some wash mits like chenile, terry towels, and sheeps wool will cost less than a half-way decent brush. After enough brush use, you may as well stop waxing your car anyways, because you will have marred the clearcoat so extensively, ain't nuthin hand waxes and polishes can do. You're now gettin into the realm of something only a high speed rotary buffer, ONLY IN HIGHLY EXPERIENCED HANDS, can save.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts