DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did this a while ago, never posted pics. I had a little rust appearing on the lower drivers door, so decided to finally go ahead and black out the lower body of the car. I used a spray-on bedliner, so it resists rock chips and can be touched up pretty easily if needed.
It looks flat but has a subtle texture to it when you touch it. Also hit the trunk lid while i was at it. It's pretty subtle against the onyx green paint. Pics also show the updated Magnaflow exhaust tip that i put on around the same time i did the paint.

For bigger pics, these are all on my Cardomain page as well.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
That looks really good man..what kind of product did you use specifically..I considered doing my lower body panels in a bedliner type meaterial ..just to keep rock chips at bay..I like how yours dont have the thick chunky texture some spray on liners have....I notice you got rid of your custom reverse lights.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Looks good, I see the two-tone is becoming popular lol

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That looks really good man..what kind of product did you use specifically..I considered doing my lower body panels in a bedliner type meaterial ..just to keep rock chips at bay..I like how yours dont have the thick chunky texture some spray on liners have....I notice you got rid of your custom reverse lights.
It was the rustoleum spray on bedliner that Lowes carries. Aside from all the taping it was a pretty simple process.

The reverse lights went away after i backed into a BMW and crunched the driver side corner. Was lucky enough to find a bumper cover in the correct color locally, so away went the lights. I'm considering adding a set of the thin LED "driving lights" since the wiring is still back there.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I ran across that rustoleum bedliner a couple nights ago at Meijer and thought it might have been what you used..but wasnt going to assume.... I might try it out and see how I like it when/if I EVER get the body kit put on.. once I get a steady income..jobs around here come and go like one night stands.
The thin led lights should look good..especially with a light coating of niteshades to blend em in. Have fun man..good luck!

·
Registered
224 Posts
wonder

Is it kind of a dull grey color or flat black???? I wonder if the contrast would be too much on a Stone White Trep??? I got lots of rock chips on lower panels... and rear lower panel has some scratches on it.

·
Registered
706 Posts
looks like plastic bumpers on cheaper cars... though i do admit the color variation doesnt look bad.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Is it kind of a dull grey color or flat black???? I wonder if the contrast would be too much on a Stone White Trep??? I got lots of rock chips on lower panels... and rear lower panel has some scratches on it.
I think it would look good if you were going for a black & white theme on the car. Tinted windows, dark wheels, smoked tails, etc. would all look nice with the lower portion blacked out. It is a nice way to cover and then prevent rock chips.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just one question i got the same problem with rust on my driver's door so this might be an option for me

what kind of paint prep did you use? sanding, bondo... anything like that?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts