DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this isnt an Intrepid or even a DC, but I thought you people are pretty car-intelligent and this is a pretty general engine problem, I'd think. Anyways, the '03 Blazer(90k mi) revs into the 2-3,000RPMs when you start to accelerate and takes a second to actually accelerate and shift. At higher speeds it seems to act normally. Someone said it was the carberator(guessing they actually meant the EFI), but I don't know anything about this. Any help on this matter?

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
3,000 rpm when you start to accelerate. Assuming that your not feeling it accelerate very strong, it sounds more like transmission trouble. Although there are people here that are smarter than me , more info might help them help you,such as model year and engine size. Did just recently buy the blazer? Do you know the maintenance history of the engine and trans.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's kind of jerky when you begin to accelerate, too. Had it for maybe about a year and dont have maintenance records.. 2003 Blazer 4.3L

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Check the tansmmision fluid level, sometimes you get that "hesitation" when starting from a complete stop. Fluid should be checked when car has been driven for maybe 1/2 hour so fluid it's warm.

·
Registered
424 Posts
try Fullsizechevy.com. Tons of people on there, and they may know better. That's where I go for my chevy questions. Good luck
-Taaf-

·
Woober Goobers!
50,330 Posts
If they still use that piece of crap 700R4 transmission in 2003, I would say it's probably the transmission. My S-10 had the 4.3L with the 700R4 and it make all sorts of noise without it really going anywhere. Maybe take it into a transmission shop and see if they can diagnose it and estimate what's wrong.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,694 Posts
arin said:
It's kind of jerky when you begin to accelerate, too. Had it for maybe about a year and dont have maintenance records.. 2003 Blazer 4.3L

Does this have the automatic 4x4? --4L60 trans im assuming.

·
Registered
211 Posts
It'll be a 4L60E. Either the fluid is low, or whoever owned it before you has toasted some clutches in there. It's remotely possible that the filter might need to be changed, but it would have had to suffer some pretty serious abuse to clog it that fast.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,694 Posts
If the fluid is ok, and the trans is good-- recommend at least dropping the pan and changing the filter first, checking for metal shavings, etc-- then attack this possibility-- There were some problems with the transfer cases slipping in these== the chain drive inside of them causing jerky starts, bangs, etc, especially with auto 4x4. The 4x4 can come on at anytime, then the chain will slip.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts