DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been scouring the site for info about doing this job and it doesn't look good.

But living in Florida, the heat is not going to go away until December so I need to bite the bullet and do this. If anyone has a blend door actuator, I'd be grateful as I don't want to shell out $80 or whatever it is for a new one.

Also, if anyone has any tips on how to remove the damn thing, that'd be nice. I feel like it'll be a tear-it-open-and-look type job. This is for a 1st gen so not sure if the 2nd gen write-up would be the same or not.

I've been doing the calibration/diagnostic thing over and over and eventually the a/c would come on but now it is taking way too many tries with that to get it to work. The weird thing though is it blows cold for a few seconds before the mode door calibrates. So I figure the actuator is working no? It wouldn't blow cold at all if it was stuck on heat. None of it makes any sense.

Oh and when I do the diagnostic I get a code 31 and 32.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,519 Posts
Have you downloaded the FSM from this site? If not do it and read it. It'll be a "Sticky" at the top of the forum thread you posted here.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,519 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have you downloaded the FSM from this site? If not do it and read it. It'll be a "Sticky" at the top of the forum thread you posted here.
Yes, Sir. I have the Chilton's also but it doesn't go into much detail. I read some people removed their shifter knob, some didn't. But I'll figure it out.

Ironically, my a/c has worked fine today except for the fact I've noticed a big puddle of water (not coolant) on my passenger side foot well. Just can't win.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts