DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 2004 Intrepid SE, my blower motor for the climate controls has been acting funky. In mid December, it would only work if you hit the steering wheel which doesn't work anymore. Now it will randomly turn on and off when it wants to. I ordered a new blower motor but I want to make sure there wasn't another issue that could cause this to happen. The resistor is fine since I just replaced it 1 1/2 years ago and all the speeds work when the motor is working. Please let me know any info that might help. Thanks and have agreat day!

·
Registered
885 Posts
bad ground.
how are the plug ins on the motor and resistor?
or, as you are leading to, a bad motor who's brushes aren't contacting well.
might even be bad contacts in the speed control switch.
you'll have to do a little investigative work.

·
Premium Member
18,048 Posts
It could be the motor - brushes worn (or dirty) to where they are barely contacting the commutator, affected by temperature and/or vibration?

I agree that your resistor is probably not the problem since you have speeds when the motor is working.

You'll know if it was the motor after you replace it? :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
bad ground.
how are the plug ins on the motor and resistor?
or, as you are leading to, a bad motor who's brushes aren't contacting well.
might even be bad contacts in the speed control switch.
you'll have to do a little investigative work.
I did check the control panel for a solid connection and it seemed fine. If the new motor doesn't fix it, I might try and clean the connections. If that doesn't work, I might just grab a new HVAC control panel.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It could be the motor - brushes worn (or dirty) to where they are barely contacting the commutator, affected by temperature and/or vibration?

I agree that your resistor is probably not the problem since you have speeds when the motor is working.

You'll know if it was the motor after you replace it? :)
Thanks for the help. The motor just arrived today and I'm going to install it at work in the morning tomorrow. Hoping that fixes my issues.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
UPDATE: I replaced my blower motor with an OE spec aftermarket option from 1Aauto.com and it works well now. It blows much harder and is more reliable than it was before.

·
Premium Member
18,048 Posts
Far out!

Glad that fixed it.

Reactions: JordanS
1 - 7 of 7 Posts