DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My blower is on high, all the time. It runs when the heater is off, when the heater fuse is removed, etc. Reading through the forum, I get the sense that it is likely the blower motor resistor causing this. With ATC, this is a $100 part. Since an entire ATC head unit is about $100 at a junkyard, I would rather replace only one part.

My questions are this: Does this sound like a resistor problem, should a resistor be $100, and could I repair the resistor pack, if I can solder, use a multimeter, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Chris

·
Woober Goobers!
50,319 Posts
Have you tried running diagmostics on the ATC head as described in the 2002 FSM? That part with ATC is called an ATC Blower Control Module and isn't just a few resistors. It's more like a solid state module. Part # 4734 913AE with an MSRP of $129 and online prices of $88.55. The MTC has the resistors that you're thinking of and is part # 4885 845AA MSRP of $18.45 and online at $12.71.
Seeing as how it's a sealed module for the ATC systems you can't repair it. You can try putting up a WTB thread asking for a used one. I'll look into this a little more..but it might be a day or two to get back to you. I suggest downloading the 2002 FSM from the link floating around and try the diagnostics. Just do a search from above and look for 2002 FSM and you should find the link. It's two files at around 30mb each.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,319 Posts
My Body Diagnostics Procedures manual shows the following items being potential causes of the problem. Ground or wiring problems between the BCM and Blower Control Module, The BCM, THe ATC Head or the Blower control module. The blower motor on high can occur without a Diagnostic Trouble Code from the ATC head unit. The blower control module could be bad but as you've found out it's around $100. I'd put out a Wanted to Buy thread for the Blower Control Module to see what it'll run. Other than that the manual talks about removing the BCM and checking power and ground which involves some dash assembly. If anyone that's had the same problem with an ATC could chime in that'd be great.

·
Registered
138 Posts
could prolly fix it with a resistor, ur right to swap out the atc, that's my guess too, i'd pull yours apart and take a look see what u can do. either way ur not gonna lose anything, since it's busted anyways.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts