DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read somewhere on these boards that someone put blue gauge lights in their Intrepid. I wanna do the exact same thing!!!
How much would that run me?????
I also wanna put blue lights in my fog lamps and replace the yellow turn signals with blue ones......
My girlfriend dosent understand why I'm doing this.......HELL sometimes I dont know why myself:crazy:

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
I think someone said that all you have to do to get blue dash lights is put brighter white bulbs in there. Not quite sure how that works though.

I did the same thing with my foglights and turn signals, but with red. I think it looks pretty cool. Here are a couple pics:

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
I did the blue gauge lights (and Bart)...we actually used Blue LEDs. It takes some soldering know how, but if you are comfortable doing some minor revisions to your cluster and dash, it looks cool!

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Intrepidatious, did you post a how to on the blue LEDs, or have any pics? I think that should look great.:cool:

·
Registered
781 Posts
So has anyone posted on here how to do this, because I have been wondering how to do this myself. I have seen it on other cars, mostly ricers, but think it looks kick ass. Saw someone with an aftermarket tach and a few other gauges, everything was lit up with blue, was sweet.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I removed the instument cluster and drilled 5 holes evenly spaced in the bottom about halfway between the clear lense and the face of the guages. I then dipped half of my Blue LED's in Grey floor paint and let them dry. I gooped them into the holes so the the grey side faces me. In the daytime the LED's are more or less un-noticeable. At night they cast a beautiful brilliant blue (radio shacks) and a more purpleish blue (local Electrical suppy house). I have them alternating so the dash display blends the two colors into a very nice "soft lit" display.

I've been trying to capture this on film for you. But I need a longer exsposure. Workin' on it.,

·
Registered
781 Posts
So it looks to me like a pain in the ass to put the blue gauge lights in eh?

That sucks, was really wanting to do that......

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok Guys, now you've got me goin....let me see what I can come up with as far as replacing the dash bulbs with LED's and the proper current limiting resistors.

What the heck's another project among millions...:cool:

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
I actually did that quite a few months ago. You are going to need 180 ohm resistors for each LED (Radio Shack 87 cents)

Here's a picture of the finished cluster:

Bart actually showed me how to do the whole thing, he also has done a multitude of LED mods on his car.

I also did the lights in my side mirror controls, my OTIS, the HVAC controls. I plan on doing the radio and the power window switches also.

Here's the directory with all the pictures from when I did all this:

Blue LED Cluster mods

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Thats Fricken Cool!!!!

if my interior wasn't full of matching green neons, i'd change my gauge cluster too

·
Registered
781 Posts
Yea now maybe I could get him to do mine. =)

·
Registered
314 Posts
Those blue lights look deadly!:cool: Just wondering if you had a simple how-to or something like that? I wouldn't mind trying something like that out...

1 - 20 of 46 Posts