DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I decided to get some cool interior lights now that I've done all my paint work. I couldn't find purple LED's so I went with the blue. Got em at radio shack (3.99) and they're bright (2600mcd)! I put one behind the dodge plate just above the glove box. There's supposed to be a climate sensor behind there, which I don't have :confused: . Now there is this ominus glow from behind the plate, which really looks cool now that the whole piece has been painted orchid pearl coat :cool:
I pulled the speedo box from the dash but then got discouraged by the fact my tool box is not up to date. Torsion 8 or 10 or something. So back in and tore into the heater controls and painted the bulbs on the board purple, this is getting ridiculous, oopps, paints dry, time to put it back... :D . ....oh...so where should I put the other three Blue Led's?

·
Registered
61 Posts
You know if you had nice rims :eek: You could put some behind them on the suspension. Then your rims would have light behind them. But be careful, the cops might get pissy about it, because they are purple and tell you to turn them off.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Thats actually not too bad of an idea...how much were the LED's and how did you wire them?...

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
3.99 a piece for the blue one's. I took out the ashtray rig and used the wires that fed the ashtray light. I mounted three Led's under here so it would produce a glow at the feet of both sides. Plue the one in the dash all come back to be soldered to these 12V wires. The important thing is to use a 680 ohm resistor on the positive feed on EACH LED. Easy as pie. Stick a toggle if ya want.

Oh, another thing I managed to do was get deep into the intrument panel and yank the lights that were relevant. NOT the bulbs that lit up dummy lights. But just ones responsible for backlighting the guages. Now I have to carefully drill four holes and install directional LED's. I remember reading about polishing them, anyone got that link?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes sir, :rolleyes:

LOL, ,,you got it Warlord. Coming right up. I've just finished installing three to light the guages but I miss the back lighting so now I'm looking to take the bulbs that I pulled from the dash and use their harness to wire LED's . Reinstalling them should give me the blue backlighting I want. It does look very cool right now though, NO GREEN at all! Cept for the little ring around the keyhole, NEED MORE CALGONE!

·
Registered
106 Posts
calgone take me away!

sorry

anyhow, what exactly triggers that ignition ring light? I always notice it on when I get in but it doesn't come on when I try to make it come on, opening closing doors, etc

-Dan :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts