DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess this is a sig page, its got pics of scarlet with all the snow cleaned off. No real detailing yet, because we're supposed to get even more snow in a few days. Gonna save the spring cleaning for, well, spring. :)
Scarlet (6).JPG

She has an owie on her left thigh from the previous owner, but it was touched up well.
Scarlet (7).JPG
Scarlet (8).JPG
Scarlet (9).jpg
Scarlet.JPG
Scarlet (1).JPG
Scarlet (2).JPG
Scarlet (3).JPG
Scarlet (4).JPG

The junk in my trunk :Llol:
Scarlet (5).JPG

I'll post more pics in the spring when I change out the blown speakers with the ones sxtfourme sent me, and when I change the badges out with the ones I got from TFC. Until then, this is as good as she gets... :(

BTW, how do I get these pics to post full size instead of as little thumbnails?

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
I love the Intrepid! Those wheels look very nice with that red paint.

Pictures: If you have an account at putfile, photobucket....etc, Right click on the picture and click properties. copy the URL. After that go to your sig and do this...

Remember to add the

Boom! This is how it looks.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Nice trep, this reminds me that I have to clean the trep up and take some pics for my sig page.. I'll probably get to it over spring break.

·
Speed is Power
6,687 Posts
Nice looking trep. I cant wait to see this thing in person.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks muchly everyone! And thanks, Fearless, I'll try the photobucket thing when I get off work tonight. :D

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
With all the snow & ice we've had, and how incompetent the plow crews are around here, I'm going to need new struts and an alignment- the roads around here are now worse than a level B road!! :evil:

I'm hoping to get my hands on that Leatherique and try it this summer- my seats are creasing, but not quite cracking yet and I wanna keep it that way or better.

I'm going to take the dealership sticker off the back and replace the badges and emblem.

Sxtfourme sent me replacement speakers for the one that's blown in my car (thanks again!!!) and the one in the front middle of the dash is blown- gonna just disconnect that annoying thing.

It'd be nice to get a spoiler, but I'm not confident enough to drill holes in my trunk. I'm afraid I'll screw something up and have a leaky rusty trunk. :p

Beyond all that, just regular maintenance, and checking everything out since its a pre-owned car. I think these are beautiful cars as is- I wouldn't want to change a whole lot about her!

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Nice ride! It *almost* looks as hot as mine. I was expecting some sort of blue trep for some reason???
I'm jealous of the leather though

There is a certain smooth look without a spoiler, but if you want to go with one, take a look at pics of other member's cars to decide what style looks best. I have a stocker, but some of the ones that attach at the sides of the trunk lid look sweet. I wouldn't worry about the drilling, just measure twice and cut once, have a buddy to help

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice ride! It *almost* looks as hot as mine. I was expecting some sort of blue trep for some reason???/QUOTE]

Even though blue is my favorite color, I do love the way Scarlet looks. There's just something about that shade of red...

Oh, and one more thing I'm gonna do for her- I'm going to replace the cupholders in the front. I have the pop-out ones and the passenger side flip-out-wing-thingie broke. I'm not sure if I'm going to do the pop-out thing again or get the built-in perma-hole ones yet. Still need to visit a junkyard good enough to find something in. :p

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
New Badges!!

So I did some badging this weekend. I took off the old "Dodge" badges on the front doors and replaced them with new ones I got from TFC (thanks again!). The ones I got from him are smaller than the original ones, but I actually like it better this way.

I also replaced the hood emblem. Actually, when I bought her, the emblem was completley gone, only the double-sided sticky foam was left. Someone had actually colored the foam with silver and black sharpies to make it kinda look like there was an emblem there. Funny though it was, it was still tacky and ghetto as hell!

So I scraped that nastiness off and replaced it with a new 3d dodge ram head emblem. This one is actually OE on a 2008 Caliber hatch. I got it from the dealer for $13 and cut off the plastic clips on the back that are supposed to hold it onto the Caliber. I used some clear trim and emblem adhesive I got from O'Reilly's and stuck 'er on. Hopefully it won't come off, but if it does, its not too expensive of a fix I guess.

I know a lot of people really prefer the debadged look, but I really like how she looks with new jewelry. :icon_cool

:fawkoff:New Dodge Emblem > Naked > Old Dodge Emblem:barfonu:

As you can see, I still need to buff the headlights a bit especially the driver side one. I just ran out of time today, if you couldn't tell by the pictures being taken in the dark! lol!

I'm also still looking for replacements for the "ES" badges on the rear doors. I was going to take the dealer sticker off the trunklid, but after a blister and breaking a guitar pick trying to get the "Dodge" badges off today, I think it can wait a bit. At least their logo isn't too tacky.

I also just bought a clay bar kit and I'm going to do that sometime too, just whenever I get a free day that the weather cooperates with me on.

·
Speed is Power
6,687 Posts
I will have to agree with you the emblems look 100 times better then being debadged

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Spring Cleaning!!

Today was simply a gorgeous day, so I decided to do as much detailing on Scarlet as I could before I went in to work at 3:30pm.

These pics show:
Run through basic auto touchless car wash (I still don't have any car wash to do at home, workin' on it though)
Dry off
Mother's California Gold Clay Bar & Quick Detailer
Meguiars ScratchX (Which didn't really work, quit using it partial way through the car)
Meguiars PlastX on both headlights. There was definatley improvement, but I need to wet sand them to get them completley clear.
Mother's California Gold Carnauba Wax
Meguiars Mirror Glaze Professional Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner/Conditioner (on gaskets and vinyl trim).

These were just cool reflection shots!

So shiney!!!

Part 2 will consist of wheels/tires/wheel wells, glass, and interior. Hopefully tomorrow will be just as nice.

Getting this close and personal w/ Scarlet made me realize just how badly I need to get some touchup paint! I think that will be next on my list of car care junk to get. :) The paint surface is so scratched, marred and swirled that its going to take a professional detailing in order to correct the finish, but what I did today still made a HUGE difference, although I don't think you can really tell in the pics. More pics as I do more. :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts