DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here are a couple of pics of my new body kit which along with the Showcars nascar spoiler should complete the Motorsports "look". Since I broke my right arm last Saturday and I will be in a cast for six weeks that means that the spoiler should be here about the time my arm is ready to go back to work. So, since most of you on this forum are outspoken, lets here what you think about my southern style body kit. Any paint ideas?

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No rear yet however, I am think about Showcars GT rear. The four openings are meant to be cut out for air flow. I am planning on installing the driving lights and maybe even the cross bars just to keep the "trep" look. Side skirts are up in the air but somethhing that resembles a nascar with maybe even a "jacking point' on it would be interesting.

·
Registered
337 Posts
How come the bumper is 2 seperate pieces? It looks like it's going to be a lot of work cutting all of that out. Probably be real low to the ground too. It is definitely different. I'm not sure I would cut out spots for driving lights. I'd have to see it mounted and painted to have a real opinion. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
dmondeac said:
lets here what you think about my southern style body kit. Any paint ideas?
Dear Lord, please give the man in the black and silver Dodge the wisdom to NOT paint a number 3 on his car.
Amen

P.S. Looks alot like the body kit style I have had in my head for A LONG TIME, and thats probably where its gonna stay.

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The bumper is in two pieces because it is an actual short track front end. Two pieces make it easy to replace or to get in and work on one side. I will fill in the seam and have it lookin like a one piece. There are super speedway frontends made of carbon fiber and fiberglass but the $450.00 price tag seemed a bit much considering there is still alot of fab work to do. Oh romeo how about a Coors Silver bullet paint job?????

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Is it an overlay or complete replacement or a little of both?

If you are going to make it look like a stock car you should paint it like one.
I am liking that red on in your avy. At least the big logo. If you have balls enough, make it TEAM DI.NET. Have Wiz or someone make a few mockups.

You should add faux windshield braces as well.

·
Registered
19,643 Posts
r0meo021 said:
Dear Lord, please give the man in the black and silver Dodge the wisdom to NOT paint a number 3 on his car.
Amen
Amen
r0meo021 said:
P.S. Looks alot like the body kit style I have had in my head for A LONG TIME, and thats probably where its gonna stay.
LMAO! I hear ya! maybe its just late.. but I can't stop laughing :smilie_pc

·
Registered
531 Posts
04IntrepidSXT said:
Is it an overlay or complete replacement or a little of both?

If you are going to make it look like a stock car you should paint it like one.
I am liking that red on in your avy. At least the big logo. If you have balls enough, make it TEAM DI.NET. Have Wiz or someone make a few mockups.

You should add faux windshield braces as well.
I vote for eight velocity stacks through the hood.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Pleeese dont use that thing....it looks like the exact type we used on our race car here. My exp is that they dont hold paint at all. They are also too flexible to do any kind of "bodywork" on...youll never get rid of the wavy look it has. Maybe a better alternative would be to "mold" in the lower half. I understand the look you are going for and I think it is an awesome idea, I've just had too much experiance trying to make those nose and tail pieces look good enough for a race car let alone a street car. Good luck with it just PLEEESE don't do anything to mess up one of the best looking MS editions here on the site.....

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
"On our race cars here" ......I had come to same conclusion and thought the best way to get the look was to graft the lower section onto the ES bumper. That way I get the larger front air dam and the squarer look of a Cup car. The plan is too mold the piece along the crease on the side and follow the front lip of the ES bumper.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I hope I wasn't coming off as critical or anything...I think the look will be great...I just remember the horror of trying to make those things look good. They are made "flimsy" for a reason- the constant bashing of short track racing. I can't wait to see the end product. Kinda like the Mopar Dewd rear spoiler The ends will justify the means...

·
Registered
510 Posts
I like the idea of what your going with, can't wait to see the end result... And if you paint it up like a stock car, i'd say go for 9 or i get the feeling you'd probably enjoy 40 better... :)

needless to say, i hope your arm's healed up and definetly keep us up to date on how this project is moving along. as you know D, pictures are always welcome..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.