DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally I've got my trep done. Body kit installing process was really pain in a ass, cousin of mine who works at body shop was bitchin’ at damn fiberglass. Worst parts to install were sideskirts, anyone who installed them would agree with me. Well, after all I like how my car does look like.

CLICK HERE FOR PHOTOS

·
Registered
715 Posts
Yeah man that thing looks freakin GREAT! nice man!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
:flame:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Warlord187 said:
****ing sweet! I wish I knew someone who could install one. I have heard the side skirts are a pain from others as well.

Now...LOWER THAT ****ER!!! :D
Thanx, I won't drop it even one inch though. The clearance between ground and sideskirts is 5.5 - 6 inches and front bumper around 6.5, I've scraped the bumper twice already :grim: :skull1:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The next step is 1. exhaust [ my car just pass emission test, valid untill 2008, so I want to remove a catalytic converter, and install some decent muffler, that's for begining ] 2. tail lights, I know that there isn't clear lights for our car, so probably I will have them smoked. What you thing guys ?

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
fellow chicagoland and trep owner can you do me a huge favor and ask ur cousin how much it would cost to install this kit on my car all I really need is the sideskirts done but can u ask about the whole kit as well...I really appreciate it...ur car is the image of what I want lol...u gotta niteshade the tails all black that would be sick.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
interpretblurple said:
fellow chicagoland and trep owner can you do me a huge favor and ask ur cousin how much it would cost to install this kit on my car all I really need is the sideskirts done but can u ask about the whole kit as well...I really appreciate it...ur car is the image of what I want lol...u gotta niteshade the tails all black that would be sick.

My sideskirts require further work. He couldn’t find the way to install them ( he never worked with bodykits before ) so he had glued them to the old ones. Bottom is fine, but upper part of sideskirts made few gaps, he needs to fill them up with black cocking. He was bitchin’ terribly on this fiberglass kit, he told me, he won’t do it never ever again. He did my bodykit, because he promised me this one year ago. That’s the story goes.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
exup said:
My sideskirts require further work. He couldn’t find the way to install them ( he never worked with bodykits before ) so he had glued them to the old ones. Bottom is fine, but upper part of sideskirts made few gaps, he needs to fill them up with black cocking. He was bitchin’ terribly on this fiberglass kit, he told me, he won’t do it never ever again. He did my bodykit, because he promised me this one year ago. That’s the story goes.
damn...so the search continues lol

·
Registered
168 Posts
That is a beautiful looking intrepid, that body kit fits the body really well. Did you ahve to do alot of modifying to get it to fit as well as it does?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Wow.... That is about the nicest trep I have ever seen!!! Great job.

·
Registered
747 Posts
exup said:
I still have nightmares about those sideskirts. We ended up using screws on the thing, countersinking them in a little bit, then filling in the recess with bondo before paintng. In the end it was solidly bonded to the car and no one could tell how we did it.

Props on the car, Andy's kit really does set them off. You'll have to learn to drive it all over again because that thing's so low. I know I scraped mine quite a bit too.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Caffinated Soap said:
I still have nightmares about those sideskirts. We ended up using screws on the thing, countersinking them in a little bit, then filling in the recess with bondo before paintng. In the end it was solidly bonded to the car and no one could tell how we did it.

Props on the car, Andy's kit really does set them off. You'll have to learn to drive it all over again because that thing's so low. I know I scraped mine quite a bit too.
O yea, I'm learning to drive this car all over again, I enjoy it though. Car is lower , so I have to carefully to choose driveways, see if I can drive them thru. Also I’ve changed wheels dimension and tire size as well, car seems to be a stiffer and new BF-Goodrich gave it better dry and wet traction, great cornering also, my car does drive as good as it looks like, I really enjoy the ride ;)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yea, but after 5 years driving this car it's a habit, I have to remember that I can't take every slope like I could it before.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Looks great, good job!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts