DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So... I've been looking for pretty much anything I can do to my '96 LHS to get a little more power out of it, and of course the first and most obvious mods are a ram air/CAI intake (or, at the very least, what I have now -- a K&N in the stock box and removing the silencer/restrictor tube) and, of course, the exhaust.

So anyway... Warlord187's audio clips
( http://www.dodgeintrepid.net/forums/showthread.php?p=934212#post934212 ) have sold me on a Flowmaster 40. In that same thread, there was a link to TrueBendz's bolt-on exhaust kits for the Intrepid.

Now, from what I understand, the LHS chassis is a little bit longer than the other LH cars, so do you think the single kit will fit mine as-is? Has anyone tried it out on an LHS or New Yorker?

(*cough* Second gen and first gen exhaust piping is pretty much interchangable, isn't it?)

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
The TrueBendz's kit is for only the 2G car (1999-2004). It will not fit on your LHS car. You should make a custom exhaust on your car. It will be cheaper and better. ( under the car, the 2G intrepid have a different piping than the 1G lh car.)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah, good to know for future reference. I went ahead and had a local shop weld a patch pipe in place of the original muffler and put a Flowmaster 40 in place of the resonator. It used to purr like a kitten. Now it moans like a zombie hungering for human brains. Or at least a Norse god with a nasty hangover.

For the first few blocks of driving with it, I honestly thought the noise was coming from a full size pickup that was driving alongside me. I wonder if it's too late to start giving second thoughts to this whole "cops being able to hear me coming from a mile away" thing... Oh, well. At least it's good deer repellant.

Now I just need to rig up one of my instrument mics to my laptop and go for a little drive with some audio recording software running... :evil:

And thanks for the reply, ACR -- that's good info to have if and when I ever decide to go all-stainless.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I had just done a new exhaust on my car and now is on stainless. It is 2.5 inch down-pipe on both side with 2 new high flow cat 2.5 inch diameter ( the 2 others was destroyed) I have keep the stock muffler again and it make more sound than before. Bigger piping in the front give alot more sound.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
i was thinking about doing 3 inch pipeing all the way threw with flowmaster 80 or 40 muffler but i donno what i'm talkin about eather :p i'd like to hear what ur car sounds like neon_knightmare

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Heh, unless you're putting in a supercharger (and subsequently a Power Demon tranny), stick with the stock 2.5" pipes. They're plenty big for a 3.5 V6. Hell, they wouldn't be bad with a Chevy 350 (the mid-80's Caprices only came with 2.25"!).

Got the stuff to mount up one of my "good" microphones in the car. Now I just gotta find a day to do it. Hehe, this is gonna be with the dual oval filters, too. Gotta love the hot air intake, eh?

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
omg i cant wait to hear that :p i've been wanting to hear the intake mod of yours.. i'm trying to think of a way to get cold air intake by that spot.. i think i might see what the temp is back there and try to cool it off as much as i can, i was hoping maybe someone with this mod done could take some pictures from each side of the car and just at diffrent angles showing me what all i need to cut out.. if someone could do this for me i thank you alot!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.