DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, my father in law is giving us a '97 intrepid 3.3 liter. he had trouble with smogging at one point due to the #1 left bank sensor triggering the engine light.(this is the readout he got from a diagnostic done at a shop) he managed to run some clean gas and injector cleaner through and get it to clear up long enough to smog. i have tried the same thing but with no success so decided to replace it with the bosch universal. i disconnected the bat. and spliced in all the wires according to color as the directions said. the light came back on after about 5 minutes of driving. went back to the local autozone and code p0134 came up on that sensor and i was told bad connections. so ditched the connectors that came with the bosch and used some butts with shrink wrap. drove for about 10 and no light, then pull up to smog and wouldnt ya know, it comes on. failed smog with same error code saying "O2 sensor circuit no activity". also in the list of monitors that were not ready it listed the oxygen sensor heater. the directions said the white wires had no polarity so it didnt matter which white connects to the other. could this be wrong? my temp permit doesnt have much time left on it so any help would be appreciated. thanks.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Check all wiring from o2 sensors to PCM. If all wiring is ok,then get rid of that Bosch garbage and get genuine mopar parts from a dealer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts